Thread: Ascinder's 1-Ton VX... Cont'd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Here's the progress so far. I'm still in the gutting the VX/accumulating parts stage, but at least it is progressing....

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

H O L Y P O O P ! ! !

Those jack stands look like they did the trick!!! Just be careful, bro!

Bart

The pads on the rear stands are 8" across and are stuck up in the old spring pockets. The fronts I removed the pads and they have a cup underneath which I have got jacked up around some bolts on the front frame rail. I also have two three ton jackstands supporting the sides where the rear trailing arms connect to the frame. Trust me when I say I'm paranoid about VX's falling on me

WOW!!! You go wildman! That's insane - when we talked about how much headroom you had in your garage I had no idea you were going to take up ALL of it! I'd say your just a bit more committed to the task now...
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

when we talked about how much headroom you had in your garage I had no idea you were going to take up ALL of it!
    Yeah, the funny thing is, I still have about 18-24" until it hits the roof of the garage, but only about a foot until the windshield hits the beam. It doesn't matter though, I just wanted it up high enough so I don't have to weld on my back. I can also stick some mock up PVC axles and foam wheels under there to see how everything is going to articulate and what will hit.
    I'd say your just a bit more committed to the task now...
    Yeah, committed, that's what I'm going to be if I don't get this project finished