Thread: Ascinder's 1-Ton VX... Cont'd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Get some recentered H1 beadlocks with rock rings, it's a double beadlock, cheap (as far as beadlocks are concerned) and look pretty sweet IMO
    That would be great, but H1 beadlocks are 16.5 IIRC. I don't think they'd fit properly. I was actually going to get those(from trailworthyfab.com) but I figured they wouldn't fit the 16" tires.

You can use any wheel you like that fits and just get a weld on beadlock kit or internal bead locks (staun's). Those tires grip great especially if you warm em up a bit.
    Unfortunately, I just read this over at Pirate:

8/10/2010 update: Staun Products in Australia has reportedly gone out of business and is no longer shipping beadlock product. Deflators are still available at this time.
    Sorry for the confusion.

That spec combo isn't too hard to find really. I found a used set in Denver recently for the beater truck for less than 150! If you can find something closer to a positive offset rim you may be able to leave the axles uncut. Diggin those tires tho!
    I have yet to find a set anywhere near here. I checked craigslist and all the usual rim and tire places, but either everything's the wrong size or they look like clone-a-jeep wheels or gangsta-chrome specials. I saw some 16X8's and thats about it. Remember, I want to stick with aluminum if possible since the wheels themselves already weigh in at 75 lbs. a pop. I may just buy some rims and have them converted. I'm liking these:

Last edited by Ascinder : 08/14/2010 at 04:13 PM
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.