Thread: Ascinder's 1-Ton VX... Cont'd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well here is a preview of the video we took - this is from my crap cam. The HD video isn't much different from this one - it just looks better.
    Yeah, what I'm after is maybe like an engine on a stand where you would be able to see how the wiring harness wraps around it and how it attaches at various points to the engine. I am also looking for something showing what each plug on the wiring harness actually goes to. A fair amount of them I already know or can guess, but there are a few that I have no idea.

Also that die would be expensive to ship - round trip may be almost half price, no?
    As much as I hate pimping a competitor, USPS has the flat rate boxes where if it fits, it ships-for one low price. So if the dies fit in a flat rate box we could send them back and forth as needed for about $11 or 15 each way. It would just make more sense to split out the cost of the die(or get additional different dies) instead of us duplicating fairly spendy tools.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascinder View Post
    As much as I hate pimping a competitor, USPS has the flat rate boxes where if it fits, it ships-for one low price. So if the dies fit in a flat rate box we could send them back and forth as needed for about $11 or 15 each way. It would just make more sense to split out the cost of the die(or get additional different dies) instead of us duplicating fairly spendy tools.
    I still think its a better idea for Justin to just move here so we can open our own shop.

Bart

I think you should all move someplace neural...

....like Tucson
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Yo Reno! I need your guys' numbers again... I was about to call tonight but I got a new phone last year and lost my old phone before I could transfer contacts. Oops!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascinder View Post
    Yeah, what I'm after is maybe like an engine on a stand where you would be able to see how the wiring harness wraps around it and how it attaches at various points to the engine. I am also looking for something showing what each plug on the wiring harness actually goes to. A fair amount of them I already know or can guess, but there are a few that I have no idea.

OK, got it... I'll lay out my 5.3 engine harness (which is already connected to the engine) in the engine bay this weekend and I'll take some pics of my dad's truck engine as well. Look for pics on Sunday.

My bender is home!!! The die is indeed 52 lbs! It would need a box 12"x12"x3" plus room for packing materials.

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    I still think its a better idea for Justin to just move here so we can open our own shop.

Bart
    HAHAHA! That would be so fun! The problem is (ok one of the problems is) I would have to finish the Blazer before moving anyway. Just can't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    I think you should all move someplace neural...

....like Tucson
    Tucson... where dreams go to die - Hamlet 2
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"