Thread: Ascinder's 1-Ton VX... Cont'd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The harness should still be similar, differences would be where the connections are for the alternator, the connections for the trans if the engine came with a 4L80E, the injectors use a different connector but should be in the same place. And they didn't go to the DOD in 04' so that makes it a bit easier. What exactly are you trying to figure out? Let me look through some of my old pics, I used a 5.3 for a build in my 69' Pontiac a long time ago, maybe I have some pics of the wiring from that.
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

The harness should still be similar, differences would be where the connections are for the alternator, the connections for the trans if the engine came with a 4L80E, the injectors use a different connector but should be in the same place. And they didn't go to the DOD in 04' so that makes it a bit easier. What exactly are you trying to figure out? Let me look through some of my old pics, I used a 5.3 for a build in my 69' Pontiac a long time ago, maybe I have some pics of the wiring from that.
    Well, the injector connectors I am changing anyways as well as the alternator, so those are easy. The issues I am having is just where I am trying to label the wiring harness connectors based on that picture I posted, and the connectors aren't there, or there are connectors that are on my harness that aren't in the picture. It would be easier if I had the other ends of the connectors to match up against, but I don't. Thee are also a fair amount that I have to convert since the oil pan and intake manifold are different. So is the MAF and so is the throttle body. Fortunately I just bought the last "missing parts" I was waiting on to actually complete the engine itself-the MAP sensor and the EVAP system. These have to be present since the DMV requires all factory sensors and emission systems to be in place.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.