Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Ascinder's 1-Ton VX... Cont'd

Quote Originally Posted by Ascinder View Post
    As much as I hate pimping a competitor, USPS has the flat rate boxes where if it fits, it ships-for one low price. So if the dies fit in a flat rate box we could send them back and forth as needed for about $11 or 15 each way. It would just make more sense to split out the cost of the die(or get additional different dies) instead of us duplicating fairly spendy tools.
    I still think its a better idea for Justin to just move here so we can open our own shop.

Bart

I think you should all move someplace neural...

....like Tucson
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Yo Reno! I need your guys' numbers again... I was about to call tonight but I got a new phone last year and lost my old phone before I could transfer contacts. Oops!
    Yeah, what I'm after is maybe like an engine on a stand where you would be able to see how the wiring harness wraps around it and how it attaches at various points to the engine. I am also looking for something showing what each plug on the wiring harness actually goes to. A fair amount of them I already know or can guess, but there are a few that I have no idea.

OK, got it... I'll lay out my 5.3 engine harness (which is already connected to the engine) in the engine bay this weekend and I'll take some pics of my dad's truck engine as well. Look for pics on Sunday.

As much as I hate pimping a competitor, USPS has the flat rate boxes where if it fits, it ships-for one low price. So if the dies fit in a flat rate box we could send them back and forth as needed for about $11 or 15 each way. It would just make more sense to split out the cost of the die(or get additional different dies) instead of us duplicating fairly spendy tools.
    My bender is home!!! The die is indeed 52 lbs! It would need a box 12"x12"x3" plus room for packing materials.

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    I still think its a better idea for Justin to just move here so we can open our own shop.

Bart
    HAHAHA! That would be so fun! The problem is (ok one of the problems is) I would have to finish the Blazer before moving anyway. Just can't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post

....like Tucson
    Tucson... where dreams go to die - Hamlet 2
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Just saw this, my motor doesn't have any wiring on it man or I'd snap some pics. I can shoot you some pics of an LS1 engine harness if you want.
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

I couldn't agree more. I think we need to work on that shop idea more over a couple beers

....like Tucson
    I like the idea, except for the Tucson part-heat and I aren't friends.

My bender is home!!! The die is indeed 52 lbs! It would need a box 12"x12"x3" plus room for packing materials.
    Ta-Da

HAHAHA! That would be so fun! The problem is (ok one of the problems is) I would have to finish the Blazer before moving anyway. Just can't win.
    Oh come on, I bet that thing would fit in a decent size Uhaul truck

Just saw this, my motor doesn't have any wiring on it man or I'd snap some pics. I can shoot you some pics of an LS1 engine harness if you want.
    I appreciate it, but I've come to find they just aren't the same. Here's what I was trying to work off of(it's 1999-02 LS1-mine is a 2004 LQ4):
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Yo Reno! I need your guys' numbers again... I was about to call tonight but I got a new phone last year and lost my old phone before I could transfer contacts. Oops!
    Ohhhh, sure, sure. Excuses, excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    HAHAHA! That would be so fun! The problem is (ok one of the problems is) I would have to finish the Blazer before moving anyway.
    That's the biggest crap excuse I've ever heard!! I shipped a car from Australia!!! You're only one state away!! Come On!!!

I couldn't agree more. I think we need to work on that shop idea more over a couple beers
    There it is.

I like the idea, except for the Tucson part-heat and I aren't friends.
    x2, except an annual herping trip to the area during the monsoons is something I wish I had the time/money for.

Bart

The harness should still be similar, differences would be where the connections are for the alternator, the connections for the trans if the engine came with a 4L80E, the injectors use a different connector but should be in the same place. And they didn't go to the DOD in 04' so that makes it a bit easier. What exactly are you trying to figure out? Let me look through some of my old pics, I used a 5.3 for a build in my 69' Pontiac a long time ago, maybe I have some pics of the wiring from that.

The harness should still be similar, differences would be where the connections are for the alternator, the connections for the trans if the engine came with a 4L80E, the injectors use a different connector but should be in the same place. And they didn't go to the DOD in 04' so that makes it a bit easier. What exactly are you trying to figure out? Let me look through some of my old pics, I used a 5.3 for a build in my 69' Pontiac a long time ago, maybe I have some pics of the wiring from that.
    Well, the injector connectors I am changing anyways as well as the alternator, so those are easy. The issues I am having is just where I am trying to label the wiring harness connectors based on that picture I posted, and the connectors aren't there, or there are connectors that are on my harness that aren't in the picture. It would be easier if I had the other ends of the connectors to match up against, but I don't. Thee are also a fair amount that I have to convert since the oil pan and intake manifold are different. So is the MAF and so is the throttle body. Fortunately I just bought the last "missing parts" I was waiting on to actually complete the engine itself-the MAP sensor and the EVAP system. These have to be present since the DMV requires all factory sensors and emission systems to be in place.

ah yes I forgot where you lived lol. I would think you could narrow down most of it since "most" of the connections should be similar. The 2004 was drive by wire wasn't it? You should be able to change the throttle body to cable and delete that feature in the tune. I'll see what I can find for ya.

Hehe, does Holly still work at the place with peanut butter chocolate burgers? If so, I am SOOOO down!

Ta-Da
    $15 each way = only 10 exchanges b4 $310 is reached!

Oh come on, I bet that thing would fit in a decent size Uhaul truck
    HAHA! My back hurts already!
    Ohhhh, sure, sure. Excuses, excuses.

That's the biggest crap excuse I've ever heard!! I shipped a car from Australia!!! You're only one state away!! Come On!!!

DAMN! I can't win! I do have to tell you guys tho - I NEED out of Utah - repression = depression! I am way too wild and free for these Borgmons.

You know, I've been to Clary's a few times over the past few months, and I have not seen her there....there are others though, I promise.

Bart

Hehe, does Holly still work at the place with peanut butter chocolate burgers? If so, I am SOOOO down!
    You know, I've been to Clary's a few times over the past few months, and I have not seen her there....there are others though, I promise.
    That's because when I went to Clary's the day after Justin left, she was there at the bar sobbing and bemoaning her loss-"Why oh why didn't I take him home with me?" she cried. I told her he went back to Utah and after she was done throwing up, she ran out the door in search of her one true love......

Bart
    Yeah, I know... but damn is she hot! And she's a bartender - that's a keeper... for a while.

That's because when I went to Clary's the day after Justin left, she was there at the bar sobbing and bemoaning her loss-"Why oh why didn't I take him home with me?" she cried. I told her he went back to Utah and after she was done throwing up, she ran out the door in search of her one true love......
    BUWAHAHAHA! She never found me! Poor girl.

It has been a while...any updates?

Figure you should be about done!

Billy, Beau has taken a forced hiatus from everything fun for a while. Big job opp.