Thread: RC crawler video

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I wondered what they ran to be able to go through all that mud and water. Something I really want to look into now. I have a huge denali 4x4 - but its battery op, one battery per axle so its tough to a certain point. And right now its flipping out (plug a battery in and it shoots forward without command)
    Are you turning on the transmitter before the receiver? That's the simple cause usually, but of course with the toy-grade Denali you have you can just expect things to give out. If you are getting interested in the sport, the rig of choice (to me) for beginners who want to take an R/C out to do just about anything is the Traxxas Summit. All it's electronics are water proof, it also has 2 speeds so you can jump stuff OR crawl over it... of course, it will cost you $500 'Ready to Run'! But you can bash it, jump it, crawl it, mud bog it, stream run it as soon as you take it out of the box and charge the battery... Traxxas is a good brand as well. Otherwise, I have seen waterproofing solutions like sealing your electronics in large condoms. And since I always have Magnums around... j/k! Balloons also work. Castle Creations offers some good brushless products that have withstood all kinds of water running. There is even a video of the motor submerged in a bowl of water... working just fine. Li-po batteries don't deal with moisture very well tho... if I remember correctly.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Great video, I showed my wife the orange sammy/raider, she didn't believe me that it was RC!!! Amazing.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson