Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: a little venting..

a little venting..

sorry for venting but i have some steam to blow off

sitting here at work.. theres 12+ inches of snow that has fallen already, theyre calling for an additional 6-10 inches, declared state of emergency and banned driving in delaware (which is about 15 minutes from me) and our regional manager (who is nowhere near the snow) has decided that we will stay open for business. for lunch out of 12 employees between our two stores here, i was the only one who could make it to the grocery store for food.. the grocery store is less than 200 yards from our door. even me driving there was treacherous because there is more or less 0 visibility and when i got there, they were shutting down because power has been in and out for the last few hours at their store as well as ours. its unsafe, and i can guarentee they wont pay to have my vx replaced if god forbid i wreck on the way home when i finally get to leave.. AT 8PM! @$^%#&@$#%

What are the consequences if you just leave?

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by JAMAS View Post
    What are the consequences if you just leave?

Ha !

They'll seize eric's VX to shop around

Anyways eric,staying safe is priority # 1 so don't risk your toy for some hot chocolate & cookies.

Wanna see you this coming summer season
    Dakar was just the begining.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    ya, trust me. its not worth it....

thats EXACTLY how i got into my accident. errands had to be run for work in a severe storm and some jack@$$ in a yukon ended up sliding into my VX... the drivers fender was screwed up since...

be careful. its not worth your baby.
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

JUST saw on live TV a 50 car pileup in your vicinity in PA, 15 hospitalized....tell your boss they're nuts to keep you there (ok, maybe word it a bit nicer to keep your job)...surely no customers will be coming by!

Don't know the specific Workers' Comp laws in PA, but some states they have to cover you door to door.....now wouldn't it be a stupid decision for your boss to keep you all if that's the way PA WC laws are?
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

from what ive been told closing the store early is a just about a fireable offense.. ive been on the phone with a few different higher ups.. all agree with me, but final say is regional manager (who nobody seems to have heard from in a while) so here i sit

Eric, just take it SUPER easy on your way home, and maybe take some back roads (if the snow isn't too deep) to avoid any idiots in Suburban's that think just because they have four wheel drive means that they'll be able to stop just as quickly in the crud.

Out here in Colorado I have every confidece that the VX will get me where I need to go, through dang near any condition....it's the other fools on the road that I'm scared of.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    Eric, just take it SUPER easy on your way home, and maybe take some back roads (if the snow isn't too deep) to avoid any idiots in Suburban's that think just because they have four wheel drive means that they'll be able to stop just as quickly in the crud.

Out here in Colorado I have every confidece that the VX will get me where I need to go, through dang near any condition....it's the other fools on the road that I'm scared of.
    completely agree, i have supreme confidence in the vx especially since the tires on it are still at 13/32 depth, but over the weekend during the first snow storm i was run up a snow bank by a moron in a buick and on the way into work this morning an idiot in a dump truck pulled off a side street directly infront of me, causing me to skid to within 5 ft of him before bringing it to a stop

went to move the vx for the snow plow.. slid farther sideways than i went forward, told the boss too bad im leaving, well see how it goes my next day in on friday.. but for now.. off i go into the unknown

Look Eric:

With blizzard conditions in central Pennsylvania, Gov. Ed Rendell this afternoon ordered the closings of Interstates 83, 78, and part of 81, as well as I-76, I-476 and I-676 in Philadelphia area and I-176 south of Reading.

Interstate 81 is closed from the Maryland line to Interstate 80.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10041...#ixzz0fAdVLP2l

I would tell your regional manager to put that in his pipe and smoke it.

If the management doesn't care about the safety of it's workers, you don't want to work there anymore.

Get home safe.

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport View Post
    went to move the vx for the snow plow.. slid farther sideways than i went forward, told the boss too bad im leaving, well see how it goes my next day in on friday.. but for now.. off i go into the unknown
    Let us know how the drive home went.

DRIVE SAFE!

America is the country of litigation isn't it??? Go home. If he fires you, surely you have grounds to sue? Especially as you've had managers saying they agree with you??? Oh and if he asks you for a lift home....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1997 Vehicross with mods coming! --- 1995 Pajero with lots of mods!
    2000 Audi Allroad - Wife won't let me mod

Owner of the Four Wheel Drive Club in the UK - pop in and say hi! Click pic for link.

HAHAHAH GOD I LOVE THE LOWER 48!

If only I could still have snowdays (like in school) *day dreams*

No such thing as shutting work down due to snow here, maybe the power but not just snow.

Driving banned? Really? Who's going to catch you? LMAO you guys are funny down there. Personally I would be tearing up the roads with no one on them... That sounds like FUN! Downtown drifting here I come!
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by PittVXr View Post

If the management doesn't care about the safety of it's workers, you don't want to work there anymore.

Get home safe.
    X 2.

Be safe
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

made it home.. less than 1/8 mile visibility the whole way.. but im here.. gonna start shoveling the driveway, its up over the bottom of the front bumper