Thread: Power window switches...

Power window switches...

Me thinks my VX is starting to fall apart!

Now the drivers door power window switches don't work and nor does the central locking on the passenger door.

I've had an auto electrician mate of mine have a look and its the switch itself has fried.

So now I have the problem of finding another....

Bearing in mind that you guys all have the wrong switches as your drivers side is the wrong side any hope of finding a JDM VX RHD power window switch?

Nick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1997 Vehicross with mods coming! --- 1995 Pajero with lots of mods!
    2000 Audi Allroad - Wife won't let me mod

Owner of the Four Wheel Drive Club in the UK - pop in and say hi! Click pic for link.

Dont know why they put the central locking relay in the driver door, took the Clifford alarm installer a couple minutes to locate it, lol. PM Greesemonkey, the switch may be the same as another model of Isuzu or Frontera
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

My electric windows stopped working a few months ago. And although your problem doesn't seem to be the same (your Sparks should have picked it up) mine was that the 5 pin relay which is located at the drivers right foot (behind the plastic cover) had blown - simply replacing it (its a standard relay you can get from Halfords etc) return both window to working order. But the fact that you lost the locks and the electric window suggests its a fuse or link wire. The good news is the wiring for that area is relatively straight forward so tracing the fault shouldn't be too difficult.

Arrow

Check the rely on the driver's door kick panel.
    Dakar was just the begining.

Its definately the switch panel itself. There is power going in, but none coming out when the switches are thrown

So does anyone know if the same switch is used elsewhere? Or a JDM that is being broken? I guess I could try to adapt a US model if anyone know of one of them going?

Thanks

Nick

Well I phone Isuzu today to enquire after a new switch unit....

£260 or roughly $500.

I can try to hunt for the switches in a U.S. model for you, I believe I've seen something on ebay from one of those many junkyard VXs being parted out...
    Which side do you want...your JDM driver's side (our pass side) or our driver's side? And what's your top price you want to pay (I'd estimate shipping would be $25 USD from US to UK and it would be a "gift" wink wink)
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Thanks Sue!

I need the drivers side - i.e. with the 2 switches and the lock button. I dont think it'll fit mine, but I may be able to swap the circuit board or 'modify' it somehow.

Price? I dunno!?! I don't want to pay too much, not knowing if it will fit or work ok, but happy to pay up to $100 I guess?!?

I did ask the very helpful Isuzu parts man if that part number was used on anything else, but he said its only showing as a VehiCross.

Nick

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by alterastro View Post
    Thanks Sue!

I need the drivers side - i.e. with the 2 switches and the lock button. I dont think it'll fit mine, but I may be able to swap the circuit board or 'modify' it somehow.

Price? I dunno!?! I don't want to pay too much, not knowing if it will fit or work ok, but happy to pay up to $100 I guess?!?

I did ask the very helpful Isuzu parts man if that part number was used on anything else, but he said its only showing as a VehiCross.

Nick
    Here's an idea...

Nick, if you could post a few detailed pics of what you have, we could see if it's the same as what we have.
    Take pics of the switch assembly from several angles.
    I can't imagine Isuzu reinventing the wheel just because it wound up on the other side...

It's just crazy enough to possibly work...

Wow! Thanks Sue - you have been busy!

The only one that looks close is the very first one. If we could find that in 2 door version, it'd certainly be worth a try.

Dub, thats a great idea, thanks. Mine is away with a mate at the moment who is having a go at converting it using standard switches. As soon as I get it back, I'll post pics.

Incidentally, the central locking is controlled through the same switch, which is why my passenger door no longer locks or unlocks with the keyfob either

Thanks again

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by alterastro View Post
    The only one that looks close is the very first one. If we could find that in 2 door version, it'd certainly be worth a try.
    Oh yeah, DUH, guess ya don't need 4 window controls on the VX!
    I think that narrows it down to the Amigo (which at some point was renamed the Rodeo Sport...wasn't it gang?) and the Trooper RS (a 2-door)

What about these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...ht_1421wt_1082

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...6#ht_865wt_935

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-99...#ht_2315wt_733

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...4#ht_921wt_959