Hi everyone, I'm Joseph. I'm on the prowl for a VX (I've always wanted one, I mean who hasn't seen mission to mars?) but I'm not in a situation where I can afford 5k+ on a new engine in addition to the car's price. I've got one located with 105K miles with one previous owner in good shape.
I'm freaked out by the 3.5L's oil issues, I have looked into it but can't find any credible or concrete failure % numbers on these engines. If I end up getting this VX, the FIRST thing I'm doing is adding a prosport digital Oil pressure gauge with the jap/isuzu sandwich plate.

Am I making the wrong choice in looking for a VX? How frequent are these engine failures? Do you guys worry about this? I've been researching this 3.5L so much that my eyes will start to bleed soon.

Has anyone ever considered an engine swap from a 98-99 Acura SLX? Same engine, but I read that Honda redesigned some components. Haven't seen any forums where they talk about engine failures on those cars. Could be a good target for an engine swap (an SLX engine is 2.5k on ebay too).