please see the photo for reference.

I have just returned from the transmission mechanic and i think i am about to cry and throw my hands up and just walk away….

The part shown is making a "I am about to go noise". The mechanic thought he would be able to get the part in but it turns out that he cannot.

My thoughts are this.

1: is it cheaper to ship in the part from US and pay to have the case removed again, split, repaired and then put back in. I am already in for a bill that is going to make my partner very unhappy.

or

2: is it going to be move efficient and maybe a tad more expensive to ship a whole case over and put it in myself.

i can put a whole transfer case in myself with no worries but splitting and replacing the guts is beyond my tools and my experience.

If i do ship one in from the states is it going to fit...does the JDM have the exact same transfer case as the US version...i know that the US version is in TOD mode all the time so are the guts the same?

Does anyone have a model number for the transfer case? i might be able to get one out of a jackaroo (trooper) wreck but will it be in a good condition....

Please help me as I am at lost at what to do.