Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fit 4 stock '99 rims and tires in back of VCross

Quote Originally Posted by samneil2000 View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but if I fold the rear seat forward I can barely fit behind the wheel. The driver's seat just won't go back far enough. Pretty frustrating for short drives, a long one (drive) would really suck.
    Not all of us are knuckle draggers so it's not usually a problem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    The "secret" to loading multiple tires in the back of the VX cargo area is to have them standing upright side-by-side in the "vertical" load condition. With the rear seat in normal upright position (not folded), you should be able to "vertically" carry 3 tires easily in the back cargo area side-by-side, with the 4th tire placed within the rear seat itself. Both front seats will remain empty for people.
    & it's even mo betta to use small lightweight tires to decrease unsprung weight ... but in this case it'll be sprung weight ... never mind!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPro48 View Post
    Studded Hakkapeliittas on a VX eh? After seeing how well mine did on bald Terra Grapplers this winter I'd bet you're pretty close to unstoppable.

I'd love to have a set of those in the narrowest size that will fit our rims - but I don't love the price. Nokian is proud of their tires - $90 for a studded BICYCLE tire! What up with that?

Have you ever tried the Hakkapeliittas without studs?

OK that's my thread jack for the night. Hey it sounds like the issue is settled anyway so cut me some slack, alright?
    Yeah.. it's my wife's VX and it's pretty much unstoppable. The reason we went this expensive way is that she is from Ireland, and only started driving in the USA a few years ago in winter with this special set up. It really boosts confidence. My VX has plain old Duelers on it. But then again I grew up driving in upstate New York.

Ha! I was thinking "studded Nokians on a VX - that's overkill." But now I understand!

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Not all of us are knuckle draggers so it's not usually a problem
    Oooo oohhhh eeeeee eeeee

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    ask "etlsport" he's a master at getting the most tires in a VX.....works at a Sears tire shop too.
    hah sorry i missed this thread.. yea ive had tires of all sizes in my VX.. my personal record was 17 tires total of varying sizes.. 14 inside and 3 in the roof basket.. that was with a drivers seat only, i left my backseat and passenger seat in the shop to move that many tires.. i was barely able to get my 4 285/60/18s in the back with the seat folded up and my sub box, but it was a TIGHT fit.. actually wound up messing up the tint on my rear window.. but without the sub box it wouldnt have been so bad

Like etl, I had no issues with 4 285/60 at the same time. It was tight, but did not cause any issues. Didn't have to adjust my driver's seat either, though I am 5'11 and skinny as a rail.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    I am 5'11 and skinny as a rail.
    Ya hadta say that & make us 5'8" 200 pounders feel bad huh? I might hafta come up there & snap you like a twig.