Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New member in the family

Well, the hound is getting close to 6 months old. He is about 25lbs. I will be taking him to the Beasley Knob meet next weekend. We shall see how he does on the trails.
    Ducky and Goosey (left to right) Duck is a Dingo mix from Guam, and of course goose is an Irish terrier

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thumbs up

Congrats, dude, there's nothing like man's best friend to be your best friend.

Bart

Goose is a trip. He barks at every new thing in the house. We left a spatula on the counter after making grilled cheese and we thought someone was breaking into the house!!! He was growling and going crazy...I chased him around with it for awhile before he figured it out. It was the funniest thing ever. Then my flip flop disappeared...terriers always get the last word.
    Him and Ducky are now inseparable. Goose gets laid out every once in awhile, but Ducky is a new dog. We finally got the hound house broken, and the destruction is calming down. He seems to enjoy destroying my wife's stuff more than mine. Call it karma, she doesn't ahve the patience for a puppy, but I caught her cuddling with him last night. I yelled "BUSTED!!!!!!!" I knew she liked him.
    We took him to the beach, that was not a good time, it was way too hot, and he wasn't interested in the water. Just wanted to chase pretty girls. If I was single, he would be the perfect chick magnet, that little beard and floppy ears seal the deal.
    Well, time to start packing for the trip, need to primer the bumper, check all the fluids, wash and wax her, then I need to start on the VX Wives are high maintenance.