Thread: Brakes/Rear Door Panel.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Brakes/Rear Door Panel.

Hi everyone,

I have a couple annoying problems. First is the brakes, we changed the brakes when they were pretty much gone. After we did so, the ABS light comes on and off occasionally. After about 5 months its now on, and now we hear these loud and NASTY squeeking brakes. On behalf of the breaks, how do we fix that issue? Would it be a pain in the butt?

Also, the back door panel. How do you remove the cladding? I'm trying to get to the License plate assembly, one light doesn't work, the other kinda works. The plastic covering (clear), has been removed and not repairable. So i'm just trying to make something else out of it.

Any hints, thanks very much!

Well, did you bleed the brakes? and if so, did you do it with the engine running? That is the correct way to bleed the brakes on the Vehicross. As far as the cladding, can't help you there.

P.S. Be sure to enter LDUB's contest: http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...threadid=17491
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

I actualy didn't have the engine running, also I only pumped the brakes a couple of times not sure if thats a "full" bleed.

Is there kinda a walk through on how to replace brakes? Or solve the ABS/Brake issue? I don't have the original manual as it didn't come with the VX.

Thanks!

If you're pads are new and squeaking its because the shiM behind the pad squeaks when pressed by the caliper against the rotor. It makes it sound as if need a brake job even though the brakes are brand new. To fix it you go to autozone or advance autoparts and pick up a tiny pack of "stop squeal" or brake squeal stop, they carry it at the registers. Take the wheels off, calipers off, pads off and apply this stop squeal gel/goo to the back of the pad. Then put everything back and your noise should be gone.

I don't see how having the engine running affects the bleeding of the brakes? This makes no sense to me.. Just make sure to pump the brake pedal ~30 times before doing the brakes with the car off to pacify the ABS system

I did that when replacing the brake pads. I applied this sort of lubricant substance.

Do I have to reapply again?

Thanks!

Manuals can be downloaded HERE
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

not if you did it right. Are your rotors warped? Did you change your rotors when you did your brakes? Look at all four rotors and look for any gouges. Its a little strange to start squealing after applying stop-squeal.. Is the squealing from all four wheels?

I applied to all 4 brakes, I didn't look at the rotors, but they looked in good shape. Af far as I can tell.
    It started the queeking after a couple of monts from changing the brake pads. And Triath, thanks ALOT for that Now I can learn more about the car.

So I installed the VX Retail CD, and it doesn't respond O.o, I downloaded the 100mb+ file and used MagicISO.

I guess it doesn't work in Windows Vista?

Try putting it on a CD. If I remember right...its been a long time...that should work.

Quote Originally Posted by O Hell No O View Post
    So I installed the VX Retail CD, and it doesn't respond O.o, I downloaded the 100mb+ file and used MagicISO.

I guess it doesn't work in Windows Vista?

It's downloadable here under downloads and only needs a adobe reader which is a free download if you don't have it. Also the Electrical manual is there