Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need Advice!

Definitely don't get something that isn't in your comfort zone. Also take advantage of your compatriots here on the board and see if anyone is near a potential purchase to go take a looksee. Also check CarMax and see what they have since you can take it back in 5 days if it's a dud.

I've sold and purchased several vehicles on eBay and you really need to do your homework, pop the $20 for a full CarFax (they have a guarantee) and check feedback. Deals can be had, just just screw yourself with impatience.
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Hey Steve,

I've been working with eBay auctions pretty much since the beginning (I'm in the biz). If the seller closes the auction early (easy to do - he just needs to use the "error in the listing" reason), he's under no obligation to sell it to you. It's very common practice and all they are out is $45 for the listing fee.

I'm expecting the auction to close any time now (if the other offer is "real" that is). If I were you, I would walk away from this one and forget side-step all the hassle.

My 2 cents - John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Don't waste your time on the Better Business Bureau - they are a scam with PR better than DeBeers's. Just follow the money - all BBB's are funded 100% by member merchants, if you file a complaint against a current member, the BBB will do all it can to make sure the complaint ends up in the circular file in 6 months or less - one or two of those steps involve a half-hearted attempt to fix things, but most of it is just procedural jerking you around. If the merchant is not a member of the BBB, they will probably use your complaint as extortion to get the merchant to join, as in "if you don't join, then this complaint will become public record, but if you do join, we'll squash it like we do for all the other members."

Ebay I don't know so well wrt to car dealers, but in general ebay sides with sellers and not buyers because it is the sellers who pay ebay.

The auction is now not found (error on the page).

I am not sure, but I think that EBAY feels that their buyers are pretty important too, since if nobody purchased anything, people would not post items for sale. EBAY will drop those guys like a hot rock to try to save their good name, which is their most important resource when selling on the internet.

'01 EBONY 1330 r.i.p. now '01 PROTON 0987
    I'm having trouble accessing lots of stuff on epay right now?

Well, for what ever reason the auction is over, it seems they took all of the bids off that went over the reserve, and brought the price back down to below the reserve price. Like Ebay doesn't keep a record of that.

Well, I filled eBay in on the whole story. They said "wow... I can't believe they did that"

Contemplating on calling the BBB but from WyrreJ says, might not be much of a point...

Wish there was a way to contact the guy that actually bought the vehicle...

any of you like in the Kansas City/Olathe area? Maybe if you see a black 01 VX toolin' around town you can mention for him to check out this post...

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Steve,

Now onward for to purchase your VX!
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com