Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: She's mine!!

She's mine!!

Well guys, I was browsing craigslist for another Isuzu, was mainly looking for a Rodeo or possibly a 2nd gen trooper. While searching I stumbled upon an awesome deal on a sweet 99' Zu' that seemed a little too good to be true, well after sending a friend over to completely check it out, she's mine (well sorta, he's picking it up wednesday for me) I knew it wouldn't be long before I had another Isuzu haha

Overall it's in great shape, has 134K miles and this person is the 2nd owner, the original owner was an Isuzu mechanic he said and he bought it from him a year ago. The guy I am purchasing it from is in his mid 60's and is getting ready to have back surgery at the end of the week and just won't be able to drive it anymore, they are buying a Nissan Quest lol. How much would you have paid for this? The small dent, the bad clear in those two areas, the cracked console lid and a cracked armrest are the ONLY things my friend could find (and he's pretty picky) aside form 2 things I already knew before hand (the plastic clips on the window need fixed, easy, they roll up and down but sometimes need a little guidance, easy fix) and the ac clutch needs replaced (again, not a big deal).My friend drove it around for awhile today and spent a good hour or so just chit chatting with the guy about it, it's been stored inside since he's owned it, constant maintenance, it's parked in a nicely painted garage on car mats and his garage was immaculate so he seems to take good care of his stuff. I'm so excited to pick this thing up!!! Let me know what you think.

8)

And hi Smiley!!

congrats man

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)

Congratulations!

Just keep smiling...
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

hehe I am, I was already itching to just get moved out there, now I can't wait to drive the VX! Now I need to come up with a name for her....hhmmmmmmm, maybe Victoria? Or Vivian. How do you think she looks?

Thumbs up

Welcome to the addiction and welcome to the family!
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

I was addicted to Zu's already and now stepped it up to the VX! My Rodeo was the gateway drug

Congrats - be prepared for cramp in the smiling muscles.
    It will occur every time you drive it.

Are you sure "it" is a female??
    Remember they are very hard to satisfy, and keep nagging about work required to be done.

If it is a female, there is only one name -

"Vixen"

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

hhhmmm I like that, Vixen.......... All of my vehicles have been female and have been very faithful and good to me so I will stick them being female lol, don't wanna mess with a bad thing. Another cause of my cramping was the price, paid 4K, can't stop smiling about that lol

Wahoooooo! Congrats! Awesome price too! Love the wheels too!

Mark in Colorado (MSHardeman) calls his "Vickie", so Vixen sounds good for yours!

You were already so excited even before you found your girl, I can tell your smile is going to be rather permanent!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

hehe yeah, it's gonna be stuck on my face for awhile. I have been casually keeping my eyes out for one even when I had my Rodeo, so it's nice to finally have one. I think Vixen is good, but it's not really a name per se, more of a title but still like it

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    When Beckham goes back to England I think CA will need to have another Victoria...

haha, but I'll be in Florida in about 2 weeks, Florida could use one too I suppose :

Very Nice! Like the wheels.
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

Thanks! Just needs some bigger tires

I'm thinking of purchasing some OME 912's, t-bar crank and some 275/65-18 tires. From all the pictures and research I've done, I think this will give me a nice look and ride as well as offroad performance. I did the BJ flip on my 97' but I had the front cranked almost 4.5", do you think cranking the bars to match the 912's will call for a BJ flip? And how are the CV angles with this setup? I'll probably do diff drop brackets down the line when I have the front end torn apart for some stuff but are there any issues to not doing it with this setup? Any opinions would be great!