Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Debadging

Re: Re: Re: Did mine last summer...

Originally posted by Navigator
    It's the word "VehiCROSS" in chrome and red lettering found in the area behind the passenger doors between the two rear windows.

My bad, I was thinking B-Pilar and typed A-Frame... go figure
    Also known as a mid sail.

Front supports are generally known as forward pillars, frontal sails, or a-pillars.

Midway body supports generally known as mid sails or central pillars (c-pillars).

Rear supports generally known as rear sails or rear pillars r-pillars).

Just felt like flexing the autobody tech muscles in me.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Originally posted by WormGod
    I have gotten 3 tickets since I have had a VX and on ALL of them, under vihicle info, all they ever write is "2001 Isuzu SUV". The magic of debadging.
    LOL! I got a ticket written for a "NASA SUV"
    Originally posted by omegavx
    But, I always wondered what I'd tell the cops if it ever got stolen
    It's that crazy SUV you guys always pull over! Or rebadge with something else, like I did "NASA".
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

Thumbs up

I just pulled it off by hand. Then used a cleaner wax to remove any residue. No ghost image, no problems. Trouble-free...

Kinda torn between DeBadging...or not!
    If I did...then I would have to expound this long disortation on what the hell I am driving, etc., etc., etc.,yada, yada,yada when I take the car to shows.
    Now, I just let them read the badges. The replacement decals are still available through Isuzu..but not cheap! Still...I'll keep mine on
    John

Imho

I had my VX for a year badged and still got questions. Now I just picked up VXMAN's and it is de-badged... I like the annonimity of it... kinda stealthy in a way. But I am 50-50 on it... looks good both ways.
    Last edited by crager34 : 01/06/2005 at 06:58 AM

I have all my badges and haven't gotten a ticket ...

hrmph.
    2000 Black VX 105k

Quote Originally Posted by Maugan_VX
    I have all my badges and haven't gotten a ticket ...

hrmph.
    I too have all my badges (except they say Maserati)....and I haven't gotten a ticket either.......hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......
    "If you're not living on the edge --- you're taking up too much space!!"

I havent debaged mine (yet) and got asked yesterday if its the new Hyundai Tucson. I proudly said, nope, its a 99 Isuzu VX..........and the rest of the VX story. I knew they had a new SUV but wasnt sure what it looked like so I had to look this thing up and low and behold it does have some styling cues from the VX. Front circular driving lights, headlights, cladding. Now if they made a "Hyundai" emblem that was magnetic to fool the Hyundai mechanics into there 10 year 100,000 mile warranty..............

Quote Originally Posted by omegavx
    I debaged mine almost as soon as I got it. But, I always wondered what I'd tell the cops if it ever got stolen. I mean, even with the badges you tell people what it is and they say "huh". So, how in the world would they find it without them. I've thought about keeping a photo in my wallet just incase they need a "missing truck" photo to circulate
    In this neck of the woods (Middle California), I have seen only one other VX during the 1 1/2 years I've been here. I suspect the Proton was just passing through because I never saw it again. It crossed my mind what I'd say to police if my partially debadged Ironman had just been stolen. "It's a black and white '99 Isuzu Vehicross, a futuristic looking 3-door sport-car SUV." I continue to have strangers walk up to me in parking lots asking about this new model vehicle they'd never seen before. I kept my "Vehicross" side badges, but removed the large ISUZU off the back door and "Ironman" off the hood the day I bought it. I got annoyed with the "Ironman" shadow and painted the hood insert a no-gloss flat black.