OK, I purchased a new vehicle which is a GM product The factory warranty is below:

5-year/100,000-mile Transferable Powertrain Limited Warranty with no deductible
5-year/100,000-mile 24/7 Roadside Assistance
5-year/100,000-mile Courtesy Transportation

Covered for 4 years/50,000 miles - GM backs your new vehicle with its no-deductible, Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty. The entire vehicle is warranted for repairs, including parts and labor, to correct problems in materials or workmanship, for 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first (except normal maintenance). There is no deductible for warranty repairs during the warranty period. The warranty transfers automatically with vehicle ownership during the warranty period.

Now, at the signing of the papers to purchase, the money man tells me I should buy the GM extended warranty "Major Guard". Quotes me 72 months/100K miles for a little over $2800 and $100 deduct. per visit.

Now, I thought you purchased an extended warranty before your factory warranty has expired. Why in the world would I buy one when I purchase the car? Something just doesnt seem right about this or the guy isnt telling me all I need to know. Am I purchasing an extended warranty that begins when the factory warranty ends? Or are they trying to sell me a concurrent policy? What questions do I need to ask?