Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: fang extenders

hey Folks...

Regarding some of the questions people have been asking and e-mailing me, yes, I am open to a 1/2 down and 1/2 later before shipping for the front skidplate. I'll be getting into more details later when I make the announcement. Those of you who've already sent money to secure their deposit with a purchase of a skidplate have been logged on a list accordingly.

Thanks to those who've given me tips regarding the stupid So-big virus. I've downloaded the latest virus updates with Norton and have ran the scan. Apparently has isolated the bug and I deleted it from my system. However, even though I'm not receiving those "unknown sender" e-mails as much, I'm still getting a few. So, I'm not sure whether the bug hasn't been fully contained or I haven't applied the utility properly. I apologize to those fellow VXers who may have received an e-mail with my address enclosed!

Frank (Amack76) and others interested in the hood extenders, I haven't fully developed the mold for which I plan to mass produce these parts just yet. So, I will refuse any offerings about sending any pre-order deposit for the parts. Until I finalize the part (prototyping, developing, mass production), only then will I offer these for sale and accept full payments. Please take no offense, as I don't feel comfortable about taking anyones money until I have a finished product that's been tested and finished to completion. Same applies with all my other products present and future.

FYI, I have sent away with an extra hood insert that's enroute to me by the end of the week. My plans are to produce a carbon fiber version insert with heat extractor (reversed air intake). If all goes well with the prototype, I'll offer these up for sale as well.

Many thanks again all for your support, patience, understanding, and loyalty. But most of all, thank you for believing in me. It will not be forgotten. Cheers!
    For custom VehiCross skidplates and accessories, check out:
    www.aftershockproducts.com

Ron:

I would be interested in the extractor hood insert. Will you offer different composits, or just one weave of carbon? I think alot of Proton owners would like carbon/kevlar weave. I can send you a few yards once you get the mold done.

http://www.fibreglast.com/products.p...ffd4452&area=6

John C.

ron, sorry to be a pest, but two questions 1. you have absolutely no eta on the fangs, and two is there anyway i can buy phase 1 of the grill insert (the prototype in you design section)?

Question while on the topic of hoods...

hi, Ron. hope all well. while on the topic of hoods... any plans for a bug/stone deflector for the front of the hood? just touched up a few minor paint chips this weekend and it hurt to see them.
    thanks for your time!
    -jose
    2001 kaiser silver #1002

Re: while on the topic of hoods...

Originally posted by 2K1 1K2
    any plans for a bug/stone deflector for the front of the hood? just touched up a few minor paint chips this weekend and it hurt to see them.
    Scott (Moncha) has a great solution for this - the 3M clear bra stuff. http://www.moncha.com/images/Modlinks/bra_info.html This pic he made shows where he put it (he highlighted the areas in green, it's actually clear)

Fake Fang Extenders

Used a pair of bumper guards, found em at a car wash.
    The Bantan's Relm
    Gallery
    Myspace Page
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things we care about."

banton, love the grill, wanna make me one? ill pay

Originally posted by Amack76
    banton, love the grill, wanna make me one? ill pay
    Wish I could Brother, but I am so busy I had to call out sick from work just so that I could go to our last VX meet. However it was pretty simple, just a bit time consuming. I got the material at Home Depot for under $5(I got extra lying around at home if you want) in the roofing aisle its used as gutter covers. Auto accesory stores sell it for $30+. I first peeled off the ISUZU sticker on the grill for a flat snug fit. I got a piece of cardboard cut it out to the size of the OEM grill then used snips to cut to size. I then secured it with wire ties.

Smile gracias...

thanks, IsuZOOM, for your reply/suggestion. i've seen that on Monchas fine site. however, i'd still be afraid of a ding from a flying stone or such. my wife's deflector on her Xterra has worked well. sooo, i'd lean toward that option. of course, if none becomes available, i'll definitely look into the 3m bra.
    thanks, again!
    -jose