Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Signal Mirrors

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    Had a real loud alarm in acar he parked in front of my apartment where he could not here his own alarm going off every so often because of wind. He was pissed when the cops towed and he got ticketed for disturbing the peace. I think he paid $400 for the impound and tickets. That was almost worth losing the sleep he made me lose. But it was cheaper than 4 new tires.
    oh, i would never park my car in front of someone else's house with my alarm going off...
    much less leave my car somewhere that i couldnt hear the alarm.
    sounds like irresponsibility on his part to me...

if i leave my car somewhere that i cant hear the alarm, theres no point in arming it. i just engage the fuel pump shut off switch, hard ignition shut off and lock the doors
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Well

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    oh, i would never park my car in front of someone else's house with my alarm going off...
    much less leave my car somewhere that i couldnt hear the alarm.
    sounds like irresponsibility on his part to me...

if i leave my car somewhere that i cant hear the alarm, theres no point in arming it. i just engage the fuel pump shut off switch, hard ignition shut off and lock the doors

It was the last time he ever parked it front of my apartment again. We did end up saying hi to each other when we saw each other after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness View Post
    It drives me "crazy" when people don't use their turn signals.
    It is a communication device.Let me know what you're going to do!!
    Yeah, what he said - and no "cheating!" Too many people don't start signaling until after the steering wheel is being turned. The point is to let others know that you're going to turn, not that you are turning.

Well, let me see if I can address everything here.

They responded back, yes there is one of the troopers that have the same mirror. Unfortunately, they have not produced a kit for it, so back to square one, 'special order'

PK, down under. This is just the mirror, not the whole assy so you can keep your folding mirror. They have a you tube video and it looks like a fairly simple process to remove the old mirror glass. And you can have either heated or non heated which is 50 dollars (US) less.

Still to much for me. So I am closing this subject

From their email to me

"We are the inventor of Signal Mirror® technology and an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) for the same. The kit you would get would benefit from the same quality glass and electronic technology as the OEM parts. We don't use a lesser quality design for our aftermarket products which is why we back the kit with a 3 year limited warranty. You can see more about our technology and the safety benefits here."
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

ROWHARD--- As a cheaper alternative, you might take a peek at some of the eBay links provided by L-Bud in post #10 of this thread. They are even available in different colors to match your exterior body paint. Just a thought.

$270?

just wait. There's no way they are going to sell many of those things at that price. There can't be too much to it; I gotta think that price will either drop significantly, or the product will disappear.
    '01 Kaiser SC'ed VX #0867

Still just trying to find a passenger mirror that I snapped off at the hinge....Rowhard says that no other model of Isuzu fits the VX mirrors. Anyone know of the best supplier of used parts that might have a mirror? Maybe St.Charles? I was going to get the one off eBay a few weeks ago, but had to change my Paypal after our bank account was hacked so that was a miss.
    -Wekilled
    douglaswekell(at)gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by wekilled View Post
    Rowhard says that no other model of Isuzu fits the VX mirrors.
    ? I said that - not

I did say, 'IF it is the same mirror and I don't know if it is the same shape/size'

I'm haven't looked into this myself, but I have read here that Troopers mirrors fit, couldn't tell you what years, but some members have swapped them out for chrome ones that came on the Troopers. I can't tell you whether all Troopers were chrome or if that was a special package. Don't know about the Rodeos. I'd try a few searches first, and if you can't find it, start a new thread in parts wanted, so it won't be buried as a thread jack. You'll find one.

I'm with Maverick - where can we get some JDM folding mirrors? There have to be some replacements out there somewhere.