Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Crack!

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329
    My collision is 500, and comprehensive is 250...

I don't have any damage to my current windshield, nor do I want any. I just find it nice to know that I will more than likely have a gradient tint if I ever did need to replace it.

BTW about the tint...

...It just came that way, I didn't ask for it, wasn't expecting it, and was pleasantly surprised .

And I feel you on the not wanting any damage thing, trust me. My lunch that day was bottled water and a bag of plain Lay's potato chips, and if that's not bad enough, watching someone attack your windshield seals with what looks like a jack hammer is no picnic I'd much rather never had a crack at all, I am just thankfull all turned out well
    NAVIGATOR

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329
    And how did you keep those chips down during the whole process?

I am sure some of the time it took them to get to your site, was for them to pick up the windshield from a regional warehouse.

Can you post a pic of the new installation?

I would HATE to see how long it would take if someone lost a rear window!

Thumbs up

Windshield got replaced in about 30 minutes for $1098!!! Gee, glad it was not my bill. The insurance company sent the figures to the glass place, so it was their idea (glass was $844).

Since I have not even made the first payment, I was a bit nervous. I watched the guy do the whole job; at least he has been doing it for 13 years.

He said no accidents for a few days, the glass may not hold.

Jonathan

Originally posted by Jonnie
    Windshield got replaced in about 30 minutes for $1098!!!
    I can't believe any glass shop could charge that much for a new windshield! It would have costed me $317 if I didn't turn mine into insurance, with insurance- $100. I get rock chips like no other, in fact I think my windshield has 3 cracks and 2 other chips right now. It seems like I just replaced it but its been like 6 months. Alaskan roads can tear a windshield apart!
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

I had to replace my winshield two weeks after getting my VX. It cost $475.00. The glass show was more than $100 less the the dealer, but he said he would have to order the trim piece for the top of the winshield. They did a good job and the new winshield had the tint at the top ($70 extra from the dealer).

Angry

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRrrrrrggg! I was coming home from work today and since my Fiero is awaiting a new steering rack I was driving the VX and wouldn't ya know a "bleepin" Jeep rifled what seemed like a rocket propelled stone at my windshield and left a fish eye! I'm supposed to have it looked at tomorrow to see if it can be repaired. I'm guessing they'll say it's in the driver's vision zone and not repair it...keeping my fingers crossed it can be repaired instead of replaced. My luck for leaking windshields is unparalleled as every replacement windshield I've ever had installed eventually leaked! Wish me luck! I figure if they say it has to be replaced I'll leave it go until it cracks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Drove thru a sandstorm which just scoured my windshield. Replaced the OEM Factory windshield with a VX replacement already dark tinted at the top.

I am 6:4 & have no visibility problems whatsoever with the increased Tint.

Dragon BoB
    Neither ordinary or extraordinary, just indefatigable.

2000 VX Green Dragon- Chick Demagnitizer-Supercharger-Injen Intake- Cold air box-K&N- Power Vault SS Exhaust-265-75-16 BFG MT kms-On Board CO2- Custom Boulder Bars- Custom Skid plates- PIAA 520 Fog Lites-3inch lift with OME 912 Springs-LINE X Bedliner on Cladding & Hood Insert-ARB Front Lockers & Custom Bull Bar. Vintage Offenhauser Hood scoop Thule Rack. XM Radio-Custom Storage Box-First VX to surmount the RUBICON.Thanks Sierra Stompers

Warning:

Alternate applications of freon and hot water on a bullseye chip may cause it to turn into a CRACK.

Originally posted by AREA 51
    Warning:

Alternate applications of freon and hot water on a bullseye chip may cause it to turn into a CRACK.
    Yeah, I hate it when that happens.

Question

Well...$40.00 for a windshield repair on the stone chip...the bulls-eye chip already had an L-shaped crack adjacent to it after impact. Supposedly the glass expert was happy with how his repair on my windshield turned out. The bulls-eye is practically gone after the repair but the L-shaped crack is just as visible. Hopefully it wont spread. Here in PA we've already had some pretty wide temp fluctuations...65 degrees during the day and snowing and blowing below freezing at night...then back up to almost 50 degrees today....time will tell....tick,tock

P.S.---had the VX up to 75mph on the interstate while fighting sustained 40mph winds with gusts up to 60mph....took it like a champ!

Originally posted by Jonnie
    My deductible is $500, but they waived it for some reason. Geico.

Jonathan
    As far as I know FL law requires insurance companies to replace glass at no cost to you regardless of deductible.

I live in AZ so I pay extra for no deductible glass. Well worth it. My last car had its windshield replaced 3 times in 2 years.
    Shan
    Phoenix, AZ
    2001 - Fox - VX

Talking

The biggest bessing is that it is not leaking!

Jonathan

Yeah, leaking is a bad thing.