Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Cheating On You...

I'm Cheating On You...

Yeah, I have started cheating... she is only 17 but don't hold that against me as she'll be at least 18 before I start playing with her.

Say hello to my VX replacement that came in from Seattle several days ago - BOXY - my '93 Chevy S-10 Blazer Tahoe 4x4:

There is no rust anywhere!!! Check out how straight the underside is - I should be able to fab up a straight skid plate between the framerails if I choose.

Being the Tahoe edition it's a pretty decked out little box! It weighs about 3500 pounds in this form and has a 101.5" wheelbase.

There are no rips in the interior and everything is really clean for something so old. The HVAC system needs some attention since the only settings available right now are off and air at the feet. The cruise control also needs fixing and the console hinge as dissolved.

The quick fold rear seat is slick! I don't think I'll make a disconnect for it...

I can just barely lay down in here comfortably when the seat is folded down. Plus there is an actual tailgate! It's all in such great shape!

Being a '93 Tahoe edition, it came with the 200 hp high output 4.3 with lighter goodies inside the block. It's fun! Behind the 3/4 350 sits the stout 4L60E and decent NP233 electronic t-case (driver side drop). The only mods are a quick disconnect on the rear driveshaft and the removal of the front hooks and the addition of a stereo. I assume it was towed behind an RV for quite some time. The disconnect doesn't seem to operate anymore so I wonder how true the mileage is but the odo shows 184,000 miles.

I'm thinking I want to update the trans to a '96 because of the bolt pattern at the tail. To that tail, I should be able to bolt up a NP242 t-case from a Grand Cherokee to get 2wd, 4wd Hi, 4wd Lo, AWD, and Neutral. Grand Cherokee axles may find there way under there as well for better braking, solid front axle, driveshaft meshing, and more aftermarket options - plus I want to keep things lightweight. So I'll most likely run a high pinion Dana 30 front without CAD and the Dana 44 or Ford 8.8 rear for rear discs and matching bolt pattern. I want minimal lift and 33's and 4.56 gears. I'm dreaming of mods for now until I sell a couple vehicles and make room for cool tools! Overall though, not bad for $1500, right!!!???
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Overall though, not bad for $1500, right
    I have no response to that!!!

I'm disappointed in you son ... VERY disappointed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

OK Justin, as promised, here's my new little mistress too:

It's a 1967 Nissan Patrol. Set up just like an old FJ40. I just couldn't stand not having something to go wheeling and camping with for the summer, so here we are. This little bugger has been stealing all my VX time lately so I'm not very happy with it. It was supposed to just need a leaf spring in the beginning, but that turned into a whole project in itself and it dumped the generator on me.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

Talking like the jeep

the truck is dull as dishwater

No offense

I'm like'n the Patrol!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    I have no response to that!!!

I'm disappointed in you son ... VERY disappointed.
    What?! I'm LOVIN the Blazer - it's not the art piece a VX is but it IS a great canvas to start from! A performance long block can be had with a 7 year/100,000 mile warranty for $2000! A performance built trans with 3 year warranty can be had for about the same. Parts are everywhere for this setup and with Jeep axles I could find replacement parts the same day as breakage, just about anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascinder View Post
    OK Justin, as promised, here's my new little mistress too:

It's a 1967 Nissan Patrol. Set up just like an old FJ40. I just couldn't stand not having something to go wheeling and camping with for the summer, so here we are. This little bugger has been stealing all my VX time lately so I'm not very happy with it. It was supposed to just need a leaf spring in the beginning, but that turned into a whole project in itself and it dumped the generator on me.
    Man, that's a face only a mother could love! One of those "so ugly it's cool" rides. And I could def. see that taking up a bunch of your time. That's why I am trying to purge my fleet.

Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    the truck is dull as dishwater

No offense
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder! And having massive potential is never dull. BTW, this is my 5th S-Series - I love these classic boxy things!

Okay

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    What?! I'm LOVIN the Blazer - it's not the art piece a VX is but it IS a great canvas to start from! A performance long block can be had with a 7 year/100,000 mile warranty for $2000! A performance built trans with 3 year warranty can be had for about the same. Parts are everywhere for this setup and with Jeep axles I could find replacement parts the same day as breakage, just about anywhere.

Man, that's a face only a mother could love! One of those "so ugly it's cool" rides. And I could def. see that taking up a bunch of your time. That's why I am trying to purge my fleet.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder! And having massive potential is never dull. BTW, this is my 5th S-Series - I love these classic boxy things!
    Its not dull its ugly! Happy?

Yo momma's ugly! Now I'm happy...

Hey, when you start out the post "I'm cheating", then show what amounts to the vehicular equivalent of this as your mistress, you're asking for it

Just kidding man, I know I'm not any better off with mine:

Gawd, that's aweful! Pretty funny that you used a pic of circ's mom to make your point tho!
    Whatever... I know my little teenage black box is crazy sexy cool! These reactions are to be expected here tho since VXers are known to lack the mind for functionality and practicality. So really, I couldn't expect you guys to recognize the allure of such a fine, usable prize. At least, I didn't get an FJ Loser or another Heep - alas, "I don't get no respect!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ascinder View Post
    Hey, when you start out the post "I'm cheating", then show what amounts to the vehicular equivalent of this as your mistress, you're asking for it

Just kidding man, I know I'm not any better off with mine:

I just thought I would add one for Justin:

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Hehe, that's a pretty good pic, Chris. Your bumper is so much more photogenic in that light. I'll be building myself a totally tubular bumper dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I just thought I would add one for Justin:

Please stop Marlin, yer killin' me here, that's too funny!!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Just goes to show that men don't always cheat with younger, hotter women.

So true so true...