Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: My 1999 Vehicross, "Silvia", progress thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Finally got some of the pics from my friends computer, here are a few:

View from the top

1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

And my new keychain

Great pics! And where'd you get the keychain?

Thanks! A member on the Planet got a new laser machine and decided to mess around with making stuff. He started with the planetisuzoo logo and then the logo and skull, I had him add the VX in the eyes. Thought itd be a neat little memento

The local jeep group invited me out to a place called Mobile Swamp today, it's basically a HUGE area with tons of trails, mud pits, hill climbs etc. It started pouring while we were out so it made the clay trails super slick but tons of fun! Like last time though, the good pics/vids are on my friend Chase's camera, he's got a few good vids of my climbing and runnign through the trails. There was one hill in particular that was pretty steep and fairly slick with the recent thunderstorms. some of the Jeep guys had some trouble with it even in 4WD (one was running Maxxis Bighorn's and the other had Swamper TSL Radials). Will (my friend with the Rubicon) had no problems with the hill in 4WD and made it look easy, but in 2WD he couldn't get far at all. Then they turned and asked what the VX could do and said give it a shot. I said sure, I'll try in 2WD first (my CV's are still clacking, waiting on my new ones) for the heck of it. They kinda giggled and said sure thing, when you get stuck just try and back down and try in 4WD. I made it up that f'er in 2WD on the first shot! I stopped at the top and got a standing ovation lol. I only got stuck once and it was in this deep wet clay pit that I was a little over confident with, I thought I'd try it in 2wd since I made it through all the trails even in pouring rain on steep clay inclines in 2wd, ya I had to be winched out lol. I made it through in 4wd but sunk in with the front hubs unlocked and it was over. When we got done with one of our long trail runs and they found out I was in 2wd the whole time they were like 'are you serious!" Ive always said the most important mod for any vehicle is the driver mod, I showed the Jeep guys that today :lol: They are great bunch of guys with some sweet rigs, they loved the VX though! One of the girls with them called it cute though Here are a few pics that I snapped and I'll post the rest probably tomorrow or wednesday, sucks that it rained so much, couldn't get out and snap as many pics as I wanted to:

I actually aired down this time, which I didn't do in my last sand run (was far away from an air pump and forgot my compressor at home).

Got the other pics and the vids from Chase, here ya go (if you want to come down, I'll show you that hill in person, doesn't look near as steep in the video):

Video of hill climb (click to watch)

Video of me just running through the trails (click to watch)

Last edited by RamAirZ : 07/07/2010 at 10:28 PM

That looks fun! We don't have hills like that here in central FL... I would have to go to the local land fill to find something to climb like that!

lol ya there are some fun hills around here, this whole place it setup for trucks so not sure if the hill was there before or if it was man-made, either way it's a ton of fun! You should bring your new VX sometime

I talked with the guy again today and the lift that was on it has ben taken off and stock springs put back in. He said the lift springs will come with it so now it's basically a completely stock VX except for an aftermarket CD player. In other words, she's not set up to handle slicker than owl poo red clay!!! I'll have the springs back in it and some new tires and rims soon enough.

Just put some tires on it and you'll be good to go If you need any help with that stuff lemme know, we could have a wrenching day. I'd be irritated that he mislead people by posting pics of a lifted VX with nice rims/tires but that's not what your getting.

He said in the add the wheels were chrome stockers now so that's not so much of a big deal but the lift is bothering me. If the springs are with it I don't mind the half hour or so to put them back on myself. Gives me a chance to look around underneath! Plus he's going to be caughing up more cash since things aren't exactly what the add showed.

that's cool! How much are you getting if you don't mind me asking?

$500 more than we first agreed on because I'm going to be driving further and putting the springs back on myself.

not bad

Thought I'd update the thread with some recent wheeling pics:

Koda, my trail puppy!

He's a supervisor too