Well I'm getting ready to register ol' Silvia here in Florida and I was contemplating a Vanity Plate. I was thinking something like this:

TNKA-TY

I wanted TNKA-TOY but it seems to be taken according to the online plate look-up, as well as TONKA-TY. Would you get the reference with TNKA-TY? I've had about 8 people now refer to my truck has one so thought it would be a funny plate

Also, I have a vacation paycheck coming soon and I'm thinking about starting to put aside some money for some "performance" upgrades. I've got a few ideas floating around my head and thought I'd get some opinions:

Idea #1: Keep the 3.5, rebuild when needed and slap the new "Alpine" kit on it when it comes out. If I go this route I will be AT LEAST swapping the TOD case for a manual case with Revo Gears, and possibly a full MUA5 swap (trying to think of the wife, she can't drive stick worth a crap, and in case of emergency type thing)

Idea #2: Go a little further and swap in a LM4 5.3 V8 (aluminum block version) with ported heads, LS6 camshaft and a Magnacharger, coupled to a built 4L60E with a Dana 300 off the back and twin-sticked. I've done these type of motor swaps a few times so it would be very familiar and somewhat "easy" (used loosely)

Idea #3: I've been thinking about swapping in a 4JB1T Diesel (also considering the 4JG2 but supposedly the 4JB1 is a better overall engine) and associated transmission/t-case. This would be a REALLY neat swap, but it wouldn't be a tire burner by any means.

All of them have there +'s and -'s, and I think I'd be happy with any of them. I'm leaning toward the LM4 swap as it could serve double duty: track AND trail What do you guys think? Out of all of these the LM4 would be the easiest/cheapest to get parts for in the event of an engine problem, but the 4JB1 would probably get the best MPG (the LM4 would be close though), and the 3.5 would be the simplest of all (I could even rebuild with forged internals to play with more boost and contact HP-Heaven about some camshafts and what not). Just some late night thinking, was out in the garage straightening up and my mind was racing haha