Not real fond of using the "rice" term, but...

Everybody has their own set of experiences, and somehow I have not personally ever run up against a ricer car that was all that fast, and few that looked good to me either. Speed isn't everything and to me ricer is a kind of post-mod look and not a statement on performance or make and model, so it could be fast and still have that look, which in general is ugly to me.

Posers and ricers aren't necessarily the same. My neighbors used to have a riced-out 300ZX. Naturally it was already nice and fast without mods, but they ruined the looks of it with little aesthetic mods that made what was a nice car look stupid (and didn't waste any time totalling it either). Sometimes one should leave well enough alone. Now one of their cars is a Nissan Murano (granted, it's faster than a VX but like I said, speed isn't everything).

Anyway, what I started out to say is that most are wannabes. Despite its looks, my Dodge Avenger ES was not really all that quick and in almost 8 years still never went up against a ricer it couldn't take. Well, there is one caveat - I won't be an idiot and put myself and others at risk to win some dumb street race and even if I could win I draw the line at being unsafe, so sometimes the less sensible person thought they beat me because of the circumstances. With my Avenger we're talking about a pure stock 2.4L 24v V6 automatic making only 165hp, and it must have outweighed 'em all too. And like I said before, my wife's van can usually take 'em too, although it is quick for a minivan I guess. LOL