@ FlyingV77 - I'm glad you mentioned washing with a "mild soap and water."

I'm sure everyone here already knows this, but just in case... only wash using a soap that is meant for vehicles. Every once in a while I still find family, friends, neighbors or coworkers who are using dish soap to wash their cars (like we were taught "way back when.") It will immediately remove your wax. Ditto for commercial car washes.

Speaking of wax, cladding and helpful hints - got dried wax streaks or stains in your cladding or other textured plastic? A few applications of smooth peanut butter will remove it. First time I heard about that I was sure some joker was trying to see how many suckers he could get to fall for his prank. Nope, it works. Use your fingertip to apply it like it's a polish and then wipe it off. It instantly looks better and the plastic is darker because part of the wax has been removed and the peanut butter is oily. That "Armour-All" effect doesn't last and any remaining dried wax will reappear after a few hot summer days. Just keep re-appling until it's all actually removed. At worst, I had to do this 4 times.

Hard water spots? 50-50 mix of white vinegar & distilled water. If it's really bad, let it set for 4 or 5 minutes before you wipe it off. Then re-apply wax.

Bugs on the bumper? Soak a towel in hot water and let it rest on the bumper for a little while to soften them up, then wipe 'em off.

Sorry... I ramble.

-- Rick the detailing freak