Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sports Riots - Seriously?

Talking This just made me realize something

Quote Originally Posted by mdwyer View Post
    Someone on Twitter said it best, I think: "80 cop cars outside of the Lakers games, none outside of E3. Now which games promote violence, again?"

Thousands of people watching sports = violence
    thousands of people watching video games = no violence

It is not the amount of people so what is the difference? Women! You have women going to B-ball games but not to nerd conventions. Now since there is violence and women attended events and not at all somewhat male events the reason for the violence must be women!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    Though some sports fans may think spending hours on a car web site may be a brainless activity.
    While we do get into some pretty pointless conversations on here (case in point, ), I personally think car websites are a little more 'constructive', if you will, than painting half your body one color, and half your body another color, and sitting for hours in a stadium in the middle of winter with your shirt off and a silly hat on, while at the same time screaming, acting a fool, and pounding plastic cup after plastic cup of cheap American beer into your gut...but I digress....

For me personally, my hatred of sports goes back to when I was a kid. I was forced (more or less) to play 3 years of little league baseball and 2 years of football. I hated every minute of it. I hated practice, I hated the coaches, I hated the games, I hated the uniforms, and most of all I hated my team mates. To me, it was school. Something I really didn't want to do but had to.

And what still gets me, is that I am perceived as 'strange' and sometimes accused of being 'gay' because I don't watch or care about sports.

Bart
    Last edited by nfpgasmask : 06/22/2010 at 08:43 AM

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    While we do get into some pretty pointless conversations on here (case in point, :laighing: ), I personally think car websites are a little more 'constructive', if you will, than painting half your body one color, and half your body another color, and sitting for hours in a stadium in the middle of winter with your shirt off and a silly hat on, while at the same time screaming, acting a fool, and pounding plastic cup after plastic cup of cheap American beer into your gut...but I digress.... Bart
    No activity that includes drinking beer is ever totally pointless. Try painting a hot chicks body instead and you may start to see the point.

Bart[/QUOTE]

For me personally, my hatred of sports goes back to when I was a kid. I was forced (more or less) to play 3 years of little league baseball and 2 years of football. I hated every minute of it. I hated practice, I hated the coaches, I hated the games, I hated the uniforms, and most of all I hated my team mates. To me, it was school. Something I really didn't want to do but had to. Bart[/QUOTE]

Maybe this was for your mother to have a few hours of peace and quite when you were home 24/7 in the summer driving her bats.

Bart[/QUOTE]

No activity that includes drinking beer is ever totally pointless.
    I agree to a point. I have graduated to beer snobbery, so unless they have some tasty microbrews or decent imports on tap, I would consider it pointless. Bud, Miller, Coors, and their ilk are all crap and not worth the brain or fat cells. I'm not in high school any more!!

Try painting a hot chicks body instead and you may start to see the point.
    While that does sound appealing, I could just stay home and paint my wife's body with my tongue.

Maybe this was for your mother to have a few hours of peace and quite when you were home 24/7 in the summer driving her bats.
    Perhaps, but I think it was moreso some old-fasioned pipe dream my father had about having a 'star' athelete for a son. Sorry, pops.

Bart
    Last edited by nfpgasmask : 06/21/2010 at 03:58 PM

I agree to a point. I have graduated to beer snobbery, so unless they have some tasty microbrews or decent imports on tap, I would consider it pointless. Bud, Miller, Coors, and their ilk are all crap and not worth the brain or fat cells. I'm not in high school any more!! Bart
    Be thankful you are not in Utah (oh yeah, you already are). The beer available here should send us boozin buffoons into riot! I have started drinkin Miller High Life in a 32 oz can because it is cheap and easy to get... oh and it is cold. To get a microbrew here (of full-strength) you have to either get it warm in the State Liquor Store or spend the same full price to get the cold 3.2% version at the grocery store. LAME - then again, we don't have riots here.

While that does sound appealing, I could just stay home and paint my wife's body with my tongue.
    BUWAHAHAHA! ...And The Lord of the Tongue Rings was born!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    BUWAHAHAHA! ...And The Lord of the Tongue Rings was born!
    She always asks, "why do you like to do that so much?"

Bart

Do what? <teehee>

WOW.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

And what still gets me, is that I am perceived as 'strange' and sometimes accused of being 'gay' because I don't watch or care about sports.

Bart
    I could just stay home and paint my wife's body with my tongue.

Bart
    She always asks, "why do you like to do that so much?"

Bart
    I think it's fairly obvious, at least to me, that you ARE gay...

("not that there's anything wrong with that")

I have the same problem...I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body...

You & I are on the same page 1OO% regarding team sports, & pretty much sports in general.

Last edited by Ldub : 06/22/2010 at 04:58 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body...
    That's a good one...I'm gonna use that.

Bart