Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sports Riots - Seriously?

Sports Riots - Seriously?

What in the wide world of sports is wrong with people? So the Lakers won a title, who freakin cares!? Where is the logic in throwing bottles, vandalizing cars, beating up people, and whatever other RETARDED sheyet you can do after a sports team you have NOTHING to do with wins...? These idiots would have most likely rioted further had 'their team' lost!

"YAY, we won! Let's go break stuff, assault people, get arrested, and make things harder for ourselves! We deserve it because we screamed so loud from our seats while someone else got paid millions to dribble a ball! YAY!"

The next time I make poopy, I'm going to riot because, damn it, I deserve it!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Its California

You really cant be that surprised are you? They have to be the most messed up state there is. Think about it Florida has no income tax and can make due with sales tax and tourism dollars. California has way more stuff to attract people and yet the California government needs higher sales and income taxes and still is the most bankrupt state in the nation. They are the true nanny state. If something is wrong the government should fix it. If the government fix messes it up further add more government. I used to live there. They had 10 different coastal developement government boards. You wanted to do anything within 10 miles of the ocean or water heading to the ocean you needed all 10 approvals. But they had no rules you start at 1 and do whatthey tell you go to 2 etc by the time you got to 10 you spent way more than it should cost and by this time what the later ones had you do violated what the 1st one controlled and they took back approval and you had to start all over on your own dime of course.

Not just Cali... University of Maryland students nearly burned College Park down when they won their basketball national title, and they often riot after the Duke game whether they win or lose. And perhaps more famously, West Virginia University students set fire to couches on their front porches after a big win or loss. When they beat VT back in 2003, the police responded to something like 96 individual fires.

I don't think it has anything to do with any particular state or the gubmnet or the outcome of the game or even sports in general. These are people that are simply nothing more than SCUM at heart looking for any weak excuse to act like animals. I hope they all get full-body hemorrhoids.

Yeah, I agree, it's not just sports, it's just people with a weird herd/"group think" mentality.
    Lived in Long Beach during the LA riots of 1991 (?) when the cops that arrested Rodney King were acquited..folks burned down their OWN neighborhood ...there was no diapers or formula available for MILES and they were asking for help ...let alone beat the tar out of and nearly killed that innocent truck driver.....Bizarre, I'll never understand it.... 'nuff said....
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Yeah, I agree, it's not just sports, it's just people with a weird herd/"group think" mentality.
    Is it time for MOAB again...
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    Is it time for MOAB again...
    oops, too funny Mile High...guess I shudda qualified that...and the "herd" does bad things to others.....we just do bad things to our VXs ...so we're a good herd mentality

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    oops, too funny Mile High...guess I shudda qualified that...and the "herd" does bad things to others.....we just do bad things to our VXs ...so we're a good herd mentality
    I think we VX'rs/ eBay'rs have more of a "hive" mentality, & Sue is our Queen...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Sue is our Queen...

Quote Originally Posted by RickOKC View Post
    These are people that are simply nothing more than SCUM at heart looking for any weak excuse to act like animals.
    I wish "people" would act more like animals!!! The world would be a better place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Someone on Twitter said it best, I think: "80 cop cars outside of the Lakers games, none outside of E3. Now which games promote violence, again?"

Quote Originally Posted by mdwyer View Post
    Someone on Twitter said it best, I think: "80 cop cars outside of the Lakers games, none outside of E3. Now which games promote violence, again?"
    LOL That's awesome! VERY VERY valid point!

When the Bulls won several years back, there was 'celebration' in the streets of Chicago.

I don't understand it either. Your team wins/looses and its and excuse to be unruley and act like an animal? This just makes me hate sports more than I already do.

Sorry sports fans. I just think watching sports is a brainless social habit that people feel like they 'have to do' to be a normal member of society. I say, who cares?

No thanks. Be yourself.

Bart

I can see your point

Though some sports fans may think spending hours on a car web site may be a brainless activity. We alll participate in activities that others may not understand or appreciate. What makes us civilized is accepting other peoples pursuits as their right instead of casting aspersions. Just because you may not understand does not mean it is brainless. Of course the wholesale rioting and looting is insane. Although I will admit the posts here have caused me to see my error in blaming Californians. As shown here it can be any large liberal metro area.

Bazinga

Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    Though some sports fans may think spending hours on a car web site may be a brainless activity.
    I say why not both?