Thread: DASH LIGHTS help!!

DASH LIGHTS help!!

So all my dash lights related to the dimmer switch just went out but i cant seem to find a fuse related to it on the fuse layout any ideas my indicator lights still come on and all my switches are working but the back light that should come on when turning on the headlights doesnt light up

have you look at the VX electrical troubleshooting manual? You can downloaded it here along with the workshop manual. Look under downloads, manuals
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

If its not the fuse check the connector to the dimmer switch. If that is loose or disconnected you will have no dash lights.

check the fuse for the tail lights, that one is connected to the dash lights iirc

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport View Post
    check the fuse for the tail lights, that one is connected to the dash lights iirc
    This forum is amazing....where else would you ever get that info!!!....without a bunch of trial & error, frustration and maybe 30 pages of reading of the manual....?? Eric...you da man with all things electric & dash related!!! Remember, we've seen that pic of your dash full of wires going everywhere!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

wow this is almost the same exact problem i'm having right now.
    i recently installed a new cd player. after i hooked everything up it seemed like there was something screwy going on with it. if i hit a bump it would go off. then it would only come on if my running lights or head lights were off. then only if the lights were on. then on monday i was driving and i hit a very small bump and my dash lights and cd player went out. if i take the tail light fuse out the stereo will come on. but then it will turn off as soon as it tries to read the cd. i replaced all the fuses and still the dash lights wont come on. then yesterday i tore apart the entire dash to try and see if i could find a wire that might have come loose. still no luck though. i don't have anymore ideas as to fix the dash lights or the stereo.

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car

A thread worth reading

check out this thread as a possible explanation:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...wiring+harness
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidVX View Post
    If its not the fuse check the connector to the dimmer switch. If that is loose or disconnected you will have no dash lights.
    I had this dash light problem. It's the dimmer switch is a rheostat. I never use mine so I was puzzled that it might be a loose connector???? Then I cycled the crap out of the dimmer and problem gone. The rheostat must have gotten dirty making a poor connection.
    Try cycling the dimmer many times, it could be free $$$$
    Sometimes I Wonder......
    Why Is That Frizbee Getting Bigger?
    Then It Hits Me

yeah sounds like dimmer issues, I also had the same a few years ago.

ok so i tried the dimmer and no luck. i checked out the wiring connectors behind the drivers side head light and those looks to be in good shape. i am not blowing any fuses. so i was sure that wasn't the problem.
    i'm thinking there has to be either a loose wire, or connection between where the fuse box is and where it goes to the dash lights and or the dimmer.
    if there is a wiring diagram or something for the dash. that would rule! i'm not really sure where to look though.

on the left side of the vehicross.info home page there is a section called "downloads" and there is an electrical manual in there that should have any diagram you could ever want.