Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nothing short of Amazing.

Arrow Nothing short of Amazing.

So I've been driving the Trooper around daily for the past 6 months or so. Last week I parked the Trooper for some work that needs to be done.

Which means, I've been driving the VX to work for the past few days.

First of all, it doesn't take long to forget just home awesome the VehiCROSS is to drive. But more than that, it immediately starts happening again and so much so, that you notice it all the time. You all know what I am talking about:

The stares. The comments. The pointing fingers. Everywhere. Incredible.

Bart

Me too, but I always thought it was cause I was naked.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    That's disturbing.

Bart

While in Seligman, AZ yesterday, after meeting circmand, driving thru the little town slowly, some guy jumped off a curb waving at us and snapped a few pictures....
    This never happens to me since I live in such a small town, it was cool! You all talk about it so much, but I rarely get to experience it!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    So I've been driving the Trooper around daily for the past 6 months or so. Last week I parked the Trooper for some work that needs to be done.

Which means, I've been driving the VX to work for the past few days.

First of all, it doesn't take long to forget just home awesome the VehiCROSS is to drive. But more than that, it immediately starts happening again and so much so, that you notice it all the time. You all know what I am talking about:

The stares. The comments. The pointing fingers. Everywhere. Incredible.

Bart
    I gotta say, I don't miss it one little bit... the stares, and finger pointing, and comments I mean. I miss the VX but I was pretty tired of people preventing me from changing lanes cuz they were so curious I'd have to slam on the brakes to get behind them. (You must know what I mean.) I don't miss the signals that say "Hey, roll down your window." either. I miss the Recaro leather more than anything but when I notice people looking at me in the Blazer I realize I visually stand out enough to drive a basic black box. I have to add, my big Jeep is crazy enough to grab a lot of attention if I so desire - plus with all the Jeep haters out there, I get enough thrown at me to make salads for a week!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

That's disturbing.

Bart
    Weird, thats what she said?

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    r I realize I visually stand out enough to drive a basic black box. I have to add, my big Jeep is crazy enough to grab a lot of attention if I so desire - plus with all the Jeep haters out there, I get enough thrown at me to make salads for a week!
    Dude, I dig the Blazer, you should take the Jeep and do this...(here is some cucumber for your salad )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfbAPwafmAE

I gotta say, I don't miss it one little bit... the stares, and finger pointing, and comments I mean. I miss the VX but I was pretty tired of people preventing me from changing lanes cuz they were so curious I'd have to slam on the brakes to get behind them. (You must know what I mean.) I don't miss the signals that say "Hey, roll down your window." either. I miss the Recaro leather more than anything but when I notice people looking at me in the Blazer I realize I visually stand out enough to drive a basic black box. I have to add, my big Jeep is crazy enough to grab a lot of attention if I so desire - plus with all the Jeep haters out there, I get enough thrown at me to make salads for a week!
    Just keep tellin' yerself whatever it is you hafta tell yerself to make the sale of your VX ok in your mind.

Bart

when I notice people looking at me in the Blazer I realize I visually stand out enough to drive a basic black box.
    You are confusing that look for the look of "what kind of loser would drive that piece of..." J/K!!!!!!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Talking

Dude, you seriously need to get one of these...to warn people... ....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ISUZU...s#ht_770wt_956

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Dude, you seriously need to get one of these...to warn people... ....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ISUZU...s#ht_770wt_956
    Sue got one of those for me...

It works really well too, now when people see me coming they gouge their own eyes out with pointed sticks.

Happened to me again this weekend. I was paying for my gas when I noticed a vehicle literally circling the VX out at the pump. On the second go-around, the vehicle stopped and the passenger got out and started walking towards the building. He simply stepped inside, stopped, and in a loud voice said, "OK, who is the owner of the Vehicross?" (I was impressed that he knew what it was since the debadging is now complete except for the 4 Wheel Drive emblem on the back hatch).

Anyway, I said "that would be me", and he replied, "well, my girlfriend is out there drooling over it and wants to talk with you about it if you have a minute."

I even caught up with a member of the LPGA and her husband/caddy in Springfield again weekend before last, and they remembered seeing it and commenting about it last year. Still standing the test of time.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...highlight=lpga

lol ya that has happened to me alot lately too. Had a guy in a Cherokee roll up and ask about it at the gas station, had some ladies ask what year it was at a traffic light, and of course the people speeding up and running next to you staring at it up and down trying to figure it out lol. I love it!
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

Dude, I dig the Blazer, you should take the Jeep and do this...(here is some cucumber for your salad )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfbAPwafmAE
    That's too funny! Never seen a Metro on Potato Salad before. But I have already taken the Jeep thru that and didn't lose anything!

Just keep tellin' yerself whatever it is you hafta tell yerself to make the sale of your VX ok in your mind.

Bart
    Dude I was thinking the same thing as I was typing all that LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    You are confusing that look for the look of "what kind of loser would drive that piece of..." J/K!!!!!!
    OFF TOPIC!

Actually you may be more right than you think - I am driving that thing into the ground to force me to swap things out. So far I have found the central fuel injector to be leaking and ruining the fuel pressure regulator inside the intake manifold. The in-tank fuel pump probly needs to be replaced (or UPgraded). The puff of blue smoke on start up seems to have plugged the cat finally, there is an exhaust leak, vacuum leak, and it smells like fireworks sometimes, plus it sounds like crap and shutters at idle. So yeah, you could very well be right!

ON TOPIC!

Yeah I forgot about how much attention it receives. It's a lot.