Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Moab 'ZuZu XV - May 2012!

ZuZoo is basically the same time...Tuesday May 15 - Saturday May 19. The Expo is Friday May 18 - Sunday May 20.

And it ain't exactly "on the way" from Minnesota...looks to be about 5 hours south of Moab. If ZuZoo was a week later I'd hit it though.
    Last edited by BigSwede : 11/28/2011 at 01:29 PM
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

darn, I'll be driving to Alaska ten days before just like last year, my businesses season starts right around then...dangit!
    Check out VehiCROSSAmerica on Facebook or @VehiXAmerica on Twitter

I am also considering doing White Rim Trail before ZuZoo, anybody interested? (NOTE this would mean camping out in the wilderness for a night or two...)

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
    I am also considering doing White Rim Trail before ZuZoo, anybody interested? (NOTE this would mean camping out in the wilderness for a night or two...)
    Gimme a date swede and im in
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

A trip in the truck? Granted there are lots of overlooks and little side roads that really don't lead to anywhere, but it's only about 100 miles long. Easy to do in a day

Yeah, I know it can be done in a day...most folks say to take your time and stay out there 2 or 3 days. Maybe with an early start it isn't too rushed to go around in a day, I dunno. That would save the trouble of making camp twice. Maybe on Monday before ZuZoo?

I was looking at the map, and it turns out I have been on a piece of White Rim...some years ago I went down the Shafer Trail with a coupla other rigs (don't remember who, probably 8 or 9 years ago). Looks like we went down Lathrop Canyon to the river, then back. Those switchbacks are awesome.

Yeah, I know it can be done in a day...most folks say to take your time and stay out there 2 or 3 days. Maybe with an early start it isn't too rushed to go around in a day, I dunno. That would save the trouble of making camp twice. Maybe on Monday before ZuZoo?

I was looking at the map, and it turns out I have been on a piece of White Rim...some years ago I went down the Shafer Trail with a coupla other rigs (don't remember who, probably 8 or 9 years ago). Looks like we went down Lathrop Canyon to the river, then back. Those switchbacks are awesome.
    swede, i think it would be fun to do an overnight trail.

Count me in (if i can get my boss to let me off work).

I will know around the end of january what days i will be able to do in moab.

need more info please PM me wit it thanks
    Codyman checking out!!

Keep in mind that if you do want to camp in canyonlands you'd need permits to do so and now would be the time to apply, they tend to fill up very early.

I'd be down to do it in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by codyman3487 View Post
    need more info please PM me wit it thanks
    Cody, what info are you looking for?
    I read your post and it makes me want to pm you my suit measurements. Please be more specific

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticSun View Post
    Keep in mind that if you do want to camp in canyonlands you'd need permits to do so and now would be the time to apply, they tend to fill up very early.

I'd be down to do it in a day.
    Yeah I've heard that...don't know if I am able to commit to an extra day until too late for reservations, I may have a passenger or two and their schedule is unknown yet. Might have to go for the long day trip instead. But that could change. Clear?

This year I'll be staying at the Red Rock Lodge. Some of you may be familiar with this place. A bunch of rowdy people seem to congregate there.

1999 Astral 0074, 2001 Proton, 1999 Ebony, 1999 Astral 0163
    This will be my first trip to Moab. Who do I contact for reservations at this "happy hangout" I've been told about? Definitely wanna hang out with the most VXer's.....also, how soon do I need to make reservations?

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Contact the Red Rock Lodge....

Quote Originally Posted by VXobsession View Post
    This will be my first trip to Moab. Who do I contact for reservations at this "happy hangout" I've been told about? Definitely wanna hang out with the most VXer's.....also, how soon do I need to make reservations?

...@ 1-877-253-5431

Tell them you are with the VX/Vehicross party... for discount

Sooner the better...it gets busy!

JFYI...Noisy side is the old side ..
    .....quieter on the newer side....

jo
    Last edited by JoFotoz : 01/05/2012 at 01:37 PM
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by VXobsession View Post

http://www.red-rocklodge.com/
    For Reservations: 877-253-5431

Understand it sure ain't no 4 star hotel...heck it's barely a 1 star....and it's a motel not hotel. But it's fine...you won't be in your room much anyway

It has two rows of rooms that face each other with the parking lot in between them. The rooms on the side where you see most of the pics where our fam is hanging out is the "old" building, rooms smaller.

The other building across the parking lot is newer, larger rooms, a little more modern. I chose these rooms cuz some of those rowdy folk can party till the wee hours...and it's a bit quieter... J/K boyz...and Lisa!

The parking lot is like 50 ft wide, so it's not like your room is "far away" from the "stoop".
    Here's some pics to give you some idea. These ar all showing the "older" building.

VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.