Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Moab 'ZuZu XV - May 2012!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Question for you guys - Sonya has agreed to go to Moab this year () but we'll have to bring the girls with us. The inn you guys stay in sounds okay for a pair of adults, but I'm a little concerned there won't be much to do for the little ones during the day (Sonya will probably stay in the hotel in the afternoons so the girls can nap). Are there any places to stay that might have stuff like wifi, pay-per-view, etc? Entertainment options will make the time in the hotel pass much faster.

Driving - got to show off the 5-speed! The plan is to head out there with you guys, then drive to Wisconsin and spend 2 weeks with her family before heading home. Fortunately the girls ride really well, but we're still trying to break up the trip as much as possible. Probably drive to Colorado then take a day off to bum around a bit before heading on to Moab.

Any restrictions with bringing a dog that I should know about?

Not at "the Rock"...

Glad to hear the news Mav!....

Ms Sonya.......

Driving - got to show off the 5-speed! The plan is to head out there with you guys, then drive to Wisconsin and spend 2 weeks with her family before heading home. Fortunately the girls ride really well, but we're still trying to break up the trip as much as possible. Probably drive to Colorado then take a day off to bum around a bit before heading on to Moab.

Any restrictions with bringing a dog that I should know about?

Yeah, there is...can't bring a dog to a National Park. Canyonland National Park has a few of the trails that some VXers go on, so no doggie there. You may have seen one pic of Zeus (Justin) with Menace, that was in Canyonland, and he didn't get busted there, but did tell me he got "ticketed or fined" another time with the dog.

I found a doggie day care/boarding place just 2-3 miles South of town. Paul Phines and I were going to keep our 3 dogs (my 2) together for the day we went there. As it turned out I was too pooped for that trip, and just Paul kenneled his dog there (I think overnight). Can't recall the name of the place right now, but if Sonya is staying with the girls, she should keep the dog. The lady that ran the doggie place was a bit, shall we say "eccentric"...she must have called me on my cell phone 5-6 times to find out if we were coming to drop the dogs off, blah blah blah.. I told her I'd pay for the night even if we didn't make it, and she was spun up about that as it would take a space (well 2 spaces) away from some one else that needs to kennel their dog/s.....it was weird. I'd look for a different kennel if you need one.

Pets are not allowed in the backcountry of Canyonlands National Park. This includes all four-wheel-drive roads and hiking trails. Pets may accompany visitors in frontcountry areas, which include overlooks, paved and two-wheel-drive dirt roads, and the Squaw Flat and Willow Flat campgrounds, but must be leashed when outside a vehicle. Pets may not be left unattended, tied or physically confined in the frontcountry to facilitate backcountry travel.
    http://www.canyonlands.national-park.com/visit.htm

Will be awesome to see you and another Foxfire! YAH!!!!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Moab Doggie Day Care 435-259-7922 Karen is the owner. She is a little out there,BUT she really cares about the dogs.My dog has stayed there 2 years in a row and loved it. It does fill-up.That's the reason she wants to make sure you are going to use the facility
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Sonya has agreed to go to Moab this year ()

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness View Post
    Moab Doggie Day Care 435-259-7922 Karen is the owner. She is a little out there,BUT she really cares about the dogs.My dog has stayed there 2 years in a row and loved it. It does fill-up.That's the reason she wants to make sure you are going to use the facility
    Yup, that's the one. Yes, she does really care. Guess I was just frustrated since she kept calling when I was on the trail and talking and talking and asking for an ETA....and I had no idea how much further/how long etc...plus ya can't drive with one hand and speakerphone was useless.

WOOT!! Got my room at The Stoop reserved.

Got a double queen room so hoping to find a room mate to help defray costs. Anyone interested in rooming for the week (or should I just call back and get the king room)? Checking in on Sunday the 13th and checking out on Saturday the 19th.

I have references from former Moab roomies (you know who you are).
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post

Got a double queen room so hoping to find a room mate to help defray costs. Anyone interested in rooming for the week (or should I just call back and get the king room)? Checking in on Sunday the 13th and checking out on Saturday the 19th.

Mark I think you have roomed with the most vx chicks!
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

You get a king then count me in..
    "It's not sexual harassment, I am just building up your tolerence"-Dumke

I have references from former Moab roomies (you know who you are)...
    ...that will confirm that he is a certifiable looney!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Billy what do you call the rest of us?? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by VX crazy View Post
    Mark I think you have roomed with the most vx chicks!
    I KNOW! What's up with that!? Trying to avoid the chicks this time around (they're crazy)

Totally kidding....all are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumke View Post
    You get a king then count me in..
    You mean like ONE king bed? Nothing like a little spoonin' to keep you warm on those cold Moab nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    HEY, I never said what the references would say. Don't give the secret away Billy.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    just curious mark, how many rooms did they have left???
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

Quote Originally Posted by VX crazy View Post
    Billy what do you call the rest of us?? Lol
    Can't say on this site!

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    just curious mark, how many rooms did they have left???
    Jack, I didn't ask, but I had a few options to choose from so there are probably a few left right now.

I KNOW! What's up with that!? Trying to avoid the chicks this time around (they're crazy)
    I concur Mark; we're all a bunch of crazies that you always seem to get stuck with. Though at least I'm a pleasant drunk, right?

I know how you feel; I also REALLY need to cut costs wherever possible to be able to make it this year, but the boyfriend might not like me rooming with another dude...haven't played that card yet to see how it goes over. Life was easier when I was single, lol. I still have high hopes that I can make it though; Moab would be an epic end to my very first semester of nursing school...