Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Moab 'ZuZu XV - May 2012!

Only 90 days 'til liftoff!
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

I'm afraid I'll be breaking the rules a bit this year. Jack won't be driving the only Toyota there.

Whaaaaaat? Somehow the 1st gen Trooper just goes with the beard...

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I'm afraid I'll be breaking the rules a bit this year. Jack won't be driving the only Toyota there.
    That's OK Craig, you'll always be welcome in the fam...

Once an Isuzuite, always an Isuzuite.

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Well Craig, Jay is bringing a JEEP.......lol JFK of course!
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Really craig? what did you pick up?
    "Do Not Seek Praise. Seek Criticism."

"If You Can't Solve A Problem, It's Because You're Playing By The Rules."

"The Perosn Who Doesn't Make Mistakes Is Unlikely To Make Anything."

-Paul Arden

I acquired an FJ Cruiser. It's almost as capable as the Trooper and far more sophisticated.

I rode with Jay in his FJ on Top of the World, after my Trooper started having alternator issues. Anyway, the ride was so cushy by comparison, I actually felt a little disconnected from the driving experience. And I was surprised at how large a vehicle they really are, definitely wider than the Trooper.

Having said all that, I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with an FJ someday. There aren't a lot of good off-road vehicles being made these days. Xterras and 4Runners are too cramped for me, Land Cruisers and Rovers are too expensive.

I acquired an FJ Cruiser. It's almost as capable as the Trooper and far more sophisticated.
    That's OK, we even let FJs play with us...and Jay Dunford had a black one too, but I can't find a picture.

VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Your Welcome!

"It's not sexual harassment, I am just building up your tolerence"-Dumke

How will I ever recognize you, without the Trooper? I need pics of you with the FJ, maybe some flash cards.

So this will be my first time going and my first time meeting anyone from the group. Guess I gotta do some reading to find out what I'm in store for...

Is it an adventure where you bring the camping gear or just a 1 day thing?

Can I bring my dog?

Which trail am I going on and with who?

My baby has never been off road, do I need to run down a check list of things to look at and/or service before going?

Are there any other "smokin hippies" in here? lol or just me

Maybe I should buy one of those luggage carriers (if that's even the name of them) to go on the roof rack?

I would like to go all out, as much as I can without scratchin my baby. In just 2 weeks she will have a brand new fresh proton paint job (4 layers paint, 5 clear). Right now she is completely stripped (no seats, all interior panels except dash area, carpet, hood liner, roofrack, outdoor mirrors, roofrack, all exterior cladding, hood insert, door seals, etc.) getting ready for new paint and lambo doors. I wanna take her out, but not to the point where I totally mess up her new paint...

I'm really f***ing excited about this. I have a feeling its going to be awesome!!!! Just meeting everyone and seeing MORE VX's will be worth the trip!

Not being mechanically inclined, just a little concerned about what things I should check or service between now and then. My ride is REALLY ROUGH.
    ---------

Ty

Ty
    just find someone similarly equiped who has been there before and follow them. They will usually take a safe line and allow you to see where you need to be. MSHardiman and VXKat are good choices. When in dought just ask for a spot. There are some great spotters. Just ask around to find out who is good. Have faith in your spotter...a lot of times things look way different from the drivers seat. Your spotter can see thing you can't. And lastly if I am ever there with you... most will agree, don't follow me
    As far as how long...you are welcome to come for as long as you wish. Most arrive Mon in prep for Tue VX run. Most leave Sun morning. Some show up earlier/stay longer.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    That's OK, we even let FJs play with us...and Jay Dunford had a black one too, but I can't find a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Ty
    just find someone similarly equiped who has been there before and follow them. They will usually take a safe line and allow you to see where you need to be. MSHardiman and VXKat are good choices. When in dought just ask for a spot. There are some great spotters. Just ask around to find out who is good. Have faith in your spotter...a lot of times things look way different from the drivers seat. Your spotter can see thing you can't. And lastly if I am ever there with you... most will agree, don't follow me
    As far as how long...you are welcome to come for as long as you wish. Most arrive Mon in prep for Tue VX run. Most leave Sun morning. Some show up earlier/stay longer.
    Ah ok, so does everyone go on at least one trail together or do people split up (some go to easy trails while others go to harder)?

I'd like to go waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out in no man's land and camp out.... way out in mother nature (i loooooove nature) for Tuesday night and head back Wed. This would be a break for me (haven't had a vacation or more than 4 or 5 consecutive days off in over 5 years)