Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Moab 'ZuZu XV - May 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by tysamigo View Post
    OK, so seriously... can I bring my miniature dachshund? Is it really a big deal, do they really check for that kinda thing? Does anyone else bring their dogs?

Just checkin so that I can start to find a sitter if necessary.
    Um, , You asked that on 2/19 in post #132, I answered in #136 and 138 and BigSwede gave more info in#139. LDub recommended you read thru this entire thread for a ton of info....and in post #78 Scott Harness gave the name and phone number for doggie day care....

And yes, several peeps bring their dogs...I bring 2, Scott Harness, NocturnlVX, Zeus and Kenny usually bring one.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

I'm bringing mine as well but we got a hotel that takes dogs and since she doesn't bark we'll just leave her in the room during the day (shhhh don't tell).

I gotta tell you guys, prep for this trip is KILLING me. So worried I won't get it all done in time. Ordered a new set of tires today because two of my Yokos have uneven wear and I don't have a matching size spare. TireRack has a good deal going on the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors, they're $191 each and there's an $80 mail-in rebate if you buy at least 4. I bought 5 in 265/60/18 (what I'm running now, decided not to go bigger and risk big rubbing problems) and put road hazard protection on them for a little more than $1K. Not bad for 5 really nice tires.

I also ordered a set of super sliders and diff guard from Rocky Road today. Maybe it's overkill for what I'll likely do while I'm there, but given that we have to drive a few thousands miles to Wisconsin and then back to VA AFTER we go crawling with you guys I don't want to take any unnecessary chances. All you guys on the east coast keep a watch for a potential for-sale ad for them after I get back (depends on how they look).

Btw I'm looking forward to seeing what my MPG looks like on the long drive. Got to believe the manual tranny is helping me out some, I'm running oversize tires, a slight lift, 150 lbs. in skid plates, and had four people in the truck in a combination of city and highway driving. Got nearly 17 MPG with all that.

Looking forward to seeing you guys but man I wish I could slow down the clock some.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    I gotta tell you guys, prep for this trip is KILLING me. So worried I won't get it all done in time.

Dude...don't sweat it this much...you're going there to have a good time...wether it all gets done or not...you WILL have a good time...

I had all the same thoughts my first trip...not on the second, get what what I can done, go have fun anyway, became my new mantra...

I also ordered a set of super sliders and diff guard from Rocky Road today.

Sorry to say, and I hope for the best, AND that I'm wrong, but...R R isn't known for fast turn around...
    Relax Bro, it's all about hav'n a good time...

Yeah they quoted me a two week build time and then 5 days in transit. Should be here around the first of May which gives me about 10 days to get 'em on.

I gotta tell you guys, prep for this trip is KILLING me. So worried I won't get it all done in time.

I also ordered a set of super sliders and diff guard from Rocky Road today.

All you guys on the east coast keep a watch for a potential for-sale ad for them after I get back (depends on how they look).
    Yeah, prep for Moab is soooooo stressful....mostly self-imposed ..but us organization freeks just have to do what we gotta do!
    The first trip is the worst, now I'm barely neurotic for this one (#4)..

I...er um, I mean Dave and his bro are going to put my basket and spare on...with our nifty T4B designed hoist system , but then I remembered the one missing rail cap...Think we could loosen all 4 brackets and towers, and then just barely lift the one side to put that one custom cap on later....think that would work? Guess I really need to look at the geometry/angles and physics of the set up to see if that will work....

If you're really backed up/maxed out/stressed out/ and out of time, I can just re-use my damaged cap for this year. Let me know what you think, so then I'll know whether to put the damaged one on now.

Good luck on your prep!

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    My first year...I turned up with a woodworker set O'tools..

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Relax Bro, it's all about hav'n a good time...
    This is the HOME of VX help...the veritable ...HUB.
    Bring what ya got...if ya need more...it's there.

Come..enjoy....x2..on the RELAX.

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    My first year...I turned up with a woodworker set O'tools..
    Ahhh, whittlin' on the stoop. Good times!

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys, I do look forward to being able to relax and have fun for a few days! It's just that this is probably the only time I'll go due to the distance and cost, so I want to do it right if possible. But Sonya agrees with you that I need to take some deep breaths.

Sue I should be able to take care of your cap no problem, I'm traveling sometime in the next few weeks so I'll just take it and the Dremel with me. (It'll give me something to do at night in the hotel.) We should be able to put it on with your rack in place, the trick is to loosen the other three covers and unbolt all the brackets so we can lift the rack on one side.

relax and have fun (It'll give me something to do at night in the hotel.)
    Huh? You'll be at The Stoop relaxing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness View Post
    Huh? You'll be at The Stoop relaxing
    I meant when I'm traveling on business BEFORE Moab. Sue won't be very happy with me if I wait until we're at the Stoop to do the cutting. Besides space will be precious and I don't want to bring a Dremel and paint can with me.

I meant when I'm traveling on business BEFORE Moab. Sue won't be very happy with me if I wait until we're at the Stoop to do the cutting. Besides space will be precious and I don't want to bring a Dremel and paint can with me.
    Gotcha!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Dunford View Post
    Ahhh, whittlin' on the stoop. Good times!
    Remember it like it was yesterday...

Whatta we gonna do for fun THIS year...

I think tie dyed macrame flip flops might be the new "it thing"

For some reason Dub the picture in my head was the kid wittleing on the porch in Deliverance
    [Music]dueling banjos[/end music]
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

We (and Gill/CeCe) have bumped up our arrival to Saturday the 12th. Sweeeeet!
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...