Having owned several VX's through the years, I'm once again considering taking the plunge. However, one major concern tempers my enthusiasm. Which is, what happens when parts become so scarce that the pleasure of owning and driving the VX is largely mitigated by the difficulty in keeping the thing in one functional piece. For instance, I have read about the difficulties some of you folks have encountered in attempting to replace U-Joint parts. I've also read about the nice guy Merlin at St. Charles Isuzu who apparently has been archiving a store of hard to find parts which he makes available to your community. All well and good. But, what happens when that OEM well runs dry --- and worse, when there are no more donor VX's to pick apart for needed VX-specific pieces?

After all, at least to my knowledge, unlike the '69 Camaro for example, there is not a huge amount of reproduction parts being made for the VX.

I've read through numerous posts on similar subjects and am touched and heartened by your enthusiasm as a group. Clearly, you guys love your VX's and even better, you seem to care for each other -- helping out as you can. This is great and something I'd love to contribute to if I decide to buy a VX. The upshot for me though can be framed in the following concise inquiry.

For someone who would intend to own and drive a VX fairly regularly for the next five or ten years, what percentage of parts would turn out to be either difficult or impossible to obtain? I look forward to hearing from you and whether or not I do buy a VX, my heart will always beat a bit faster when seeing one out in the world....