Thread: Crashed my VX again!!

Angry Crashed my VX again!!

Yesterday some a**hole cut me off on the freeway offramp. It was in a turn I tapped the brakes and swerved to avoid him and the back end broke loose spun me around into the guard rail. He didn't hit me but he didn't stop either!!The damages are significant $9000.00 my only saving grace is that my motor was replaced 35,000 miles ago increasing the value of my VX. Claim is still pending hope it doesn't total! I am fine no injuries little bit of whiplash but nothing major.
    That which does not kill me only makes me stronger.

erland,
    Sorry to hear about the mishap. Glad the injuries to yourself are only minor.
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    Yesterday some a**hole cut me off on the freeway offramp. It was in a turn I tapped the brakes and swerved to avoid him and the back end broke loose spun me around into the guard rail. He didn't hit me but he didn't stop either!!The damages are significant $9000.00 my only saving grace is that my motor was replaced 35,000 miles ago increasing the value of my VX. Claim is still pending hope it doesn't total! I am fine no injuries little bit of whiplash but nothing major.
    Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

Glad you're OK...

Wow dude that's terrible, hope that insurance doesn't torpedo your VX. Let us know if we can do anything in the way of finding parts! (Maybe you better pass the contact info in Tom's thread to your insurance company...)

I can certainly relate to that black hole feeling in the pit of your stomach right now. Hope your's works out as well as mine did. Let us know if we can help find any parts for you.

There was a post just this morning where someone is selling the Driver's side rear cladding. If that's one of the pieces you need, jump on it quick.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...threadid=18275
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Thanks for all of your concern. As it stands it sounds like they have found all the parts thru Merlin, thats why it is $9000 OEM parts are way expensive. I should find out today if they are gonna total it. I will fight them on it if they try to, I will dig out all the receipts for the extras I have put on and make them change their mind!

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    Thanks for all of your concern. As it stands it sounds like they have found all the parts thru Merlin, thats why it is $9000 OEM parts are way expensive. I should find out today if they are gonna total it. I will fight them on it if they try to, I will dig out all the receipts for the extras I have put on and make them change their mind!
    It can be done...I did it with an older model Camaro that I had tons of money in...just have the documentation and a humble spirit..
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

So my VX is totaled, they found frame damage. So now comes the fight with Progressive for the value of the vehicle, I faxed them 21 pages of receipts. I will for sure have my VX Kat supplied roof rack for sale soon, and possibly my rims and tires.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    See what condition they want to take it in.

I totaled a car and had some mods done to it. I asked the insurance company if I could take them off before they took it away.

There response...take what you want we just need it to roll onto the wrecker...they got their wish (and I got tons of great 2nd Gen Camaro parts)...

Arrow

Sorry for the news buddy.

Another one bitting the dust isn't easy to hold onto your mind.

Hope you can get another VX to rule the roads again pretty soon
    Dakar was just the begining.

See how much they want to buy it back, I may buy it for a project I have in mind
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

Thats a bummer to say the least erland. If you really want another vx there are still some nice ones for sale out there, so don't think its the end of you and the vx! Just roll with it for now and be happy you werent seriously injured.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Milwaukee WI

I went through this crap after a motorcycle accident, they wanted to fix it at first then decided to total it, I was pretty bummed out but there are other VX's like dj said if you want to get another one. I hope everything works out for ya man