Thread: Rage Roof Rack fits

Rage Roof Rack fits

The Rage brand Black Widow Roof Rack fits perfectly to the Yakima factory bars. I installed it in about 1 hour.
    Cost $99.00
    extension-(not shown-nor will it fit without customizing) $39.00
    Fairing-$29.00

Unit comes with the brackets included, which line the rack up perfectly and solidly anchor it.

http://www.discount-trailers.com/roof_racks.htm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Milwaukee WI

looks good! I've been eyeing that rack for awhile, actually I really liked one of the other Rage racks but it's out of stock. I just need to figure out how I'm gonna mount it lol, I don't have the yakima bars. It looks like I might be able to make a universal "gutter" mount crossbar setup work. Could you measure how tall your rack mounts are?
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

Looks Nice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    looks good! I've been eyeing that rack for awhile, actually I really liked one of the other Rage racks but it's out of stock. I just need to figure out how I'm gonna mount it lol, I don't have the yakima bars. It looks like I might be able to make a universal "gutter" mount crossbar setup work. Could you measure how tall your rack mounts are?
    If you mean how high the factory Yak bars are from the roof they are like up 2 3/4'' to the underside of the factory bars and like 3 3/4'' to the top of the bars. The rack sits on a rubbery padded shoe that raises the rack itself a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by VCrossfan View Post
    Looks Nice
    Thanks Vfan!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by VCrossfan View Post
    Looks Nice
    X 2....

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    You don't need no steenkin' crossbars...especially if height is a concern...

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.ph...warticle&id=23

That Zeus boy is one fart smeller...errrr, smart feller...

Ya I had seen his write up, I was thinking of a different way in my head as well I wanted to test the rain gutter idea more so for other people that might want the crossbars in the future

I have the rage roof cargo basket. Its two over form the black widow on the site. It fits nice, and follows the shape of the VX, and to top it off, the cross bar cover has a big "X" on it. That is the part that I cut off of mine to hold a bigger tire

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

I know that others have used some Yakima mounts on the VX, but the one that comes to mind is VXorado: http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/sh...user/3803/sl/v
    I think those are just standard Yakima gutter mounts, but I don't know which model. Hopefully someone who knows will chime in.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Ya that's what I was looking at, something like those! I found a few that I think would "fit" but they are kinda tall (about 6" high)

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I have the rage roof cargo basket. Its two over form the black widow on the site. It fits nice, and follows the shape of the VX, and to top it off, the cross bar cover has a big "X" on it. That is the part that I cut off of mine to hold a bigger tire
    I was wondering about the tire fitting- I liked the shape of yours better but I went with the slightly larger one.

Those mounts look a lot like the Yakima low riders but a bit taller.. They do work but they do touch the roof in the front. I haven't noticed any dents or anything from it but still makes me a bit nervous

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"