Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: prothane spacers

If someone wants some from Joe Darlington, let me know, I will be seeing him soon to pick up the RS trooper, and then again in October for the Zu meet.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    If you can weld or know someone who can you can do it yourself too. That's what I am going to do. It's nice though to have the modified bracket ready so it saves time. I've thought of buying a modified set, then after installing them making a new set out of my old ones and selling them to recoup money.

That won't work. Darlington & I both make you promise on pain of death to return your brackets as part of the deal.

off topic but hows that steering box working out Tom?

No leaks at all. The only problem I've encountered is some tire rub that I've not gotten completely rid of yet - I'm saving that for when I get new tires & a few more turns on the torsion bars & alignment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

It will work if I don't get them from you or Joe lol. So does the box seem to have more of a turning radius or something? And John, the amount of drop should be limited to about 2" or less, you don't want the CV contacting the lower control arm
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

Bob,

Check out this thread:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ight=diff+drop

Ram,

I don't think the turning radius changed. They replaced the fender well & cladding on the driver's side which un-modified the clearance adjustments (BFH manipulations).

ah gotcha

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    Also, not sure if you notice it much with your stock tires, but the higher yuo go on the stock rear control arms, the closer the front of the rear tire gets to your fender, it pulls the axle toward the front more without adjustable links. I know with my 33's and just the 912's you can tell that they sit further forward, not sure if the people with 35's have had to go to adjustable links or trim the rear fender but I would imagine it would sit pretty close to the front

So does anyone make an adjustable control arm for our trucks? A quick google search turned up nada.

Indy4x, makes just about the only parts for our trucks as far as 4x4 upgrades go.

Alot of Calmini stuff works, Stinkyfab makes control arms and what not (some with bends to give more clearance), there is a guy on Pirate that makes custom control arms that are beefy and pretty cheap. The indy4x adjustable links are really nice and BEEFY!

OOOhhh so there are some parts out there! I may do this one day, but that's going to be a while down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Barker View Post
    So does anyone make an adjustable control arm for our trucks? A quick google search turned up nada.
    The Calmini lift the PO put on mine had a panhard rod drop bracket. I assume that it came with the lift since I haven't seen it on anyone else's. I talked about getting Welder Guy to fab up copies but there didn't seem to be any interest. I think that would take care of the rear axle lateral shift that some people experienced with a lift (others did not). Certain other members indicated significant increase in bump steer after lifting and a panhard rod drop should help with that as well.

Just thinking outside the box.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    The Calmini lift the PO put on mine had a panhard rod drop bracket. I assume that it came with the lift since I haven't seen it on anyone else's. I talked about getting Welder Guy to fab up copies but there didn't seem to be any interest. I think that would take care of the rear axle lateral shift that some people experienced with a lift (others did not). Certain other members indicated significant increase in bump steer after lifting and a panhard rod drop should help with that as well.

Just thinking outside the box.

Tom
    How would the panhard rod drop help with bump steer? The rear axle is solid? I didn't notice any side-to-side shift on mine but bringing the tires forward for sure, which only the rear control arms can fix, blah. Now lifting a bunch in the back that panhard bracket would help a bit for the side to side movement of the housing. I used this same setup on my torque-arm equipped Camaro's when you lower the suspension.

Right, the panhard drop would only help with the lateral shift, not the longitudinal. The idea of it helping with bump steer was at the same time we were discussing the lateral shift ... probably related.