Ok, here's the deal. I have some 18" Borbet rims for sale and have had them for sale for some time now. Over 2 months ago a guy wanted to buy them and was pretty serious. He's in the air force and wasn't back in town yet from his deployment but was going to be back in about a week from our talks. He asked me to hold them for him because he was serious and I told him ok but I would prefer a deposit to do such. He said ok and asked me how much and I told him whatever he thought was fair and gave him my paypal addy. He sent me $110 and we scheduled to meet that weekend. Didn't hear from him for a few days and when the weekend got here I emailed him a few times trying to confirm our meeting, he said he still wanted to meet but might be a few days later because his plane didn't leave when it was supposed to supposedly. I waited about 4 days after the time he said he could meet again (the new day) and started asking him if he was in town yet, another week goes by and I start asking if he still wants them blah blah no reply. About 4 weeks or so after our meet date he says he's not gonna get them and now 62 days (checked paypal) from when he gave me the deposit, he's asking for it back and wanting to file disputes etc etc (he's past the 45 day paypal dispute window, not sure if he realizes that) and even tried to scare me with talking to legal counsel etc. I told him the deposit was just that, a deposit to hold the wheels to guarantee he showed up, he didn't, he loses his deposit. I missed out on a couple cash in hand buyers (including some members here) because I was holding them and now I STILL have them 2-3 months later. Should I tell him sorry do what you have to do, give him the deposit back (I don't think I should have to) or what? He trys to say since I didn't say non-refundable that it should be refundable, but to me, deposit and refundable don't go together :roll: I've never given a deposit and backed out and expected it back (just like a house with earnest money or breaking a lease on an apartment, etc etc). I just want some opinions on this. I think I was very reasonable and worked to his needs in the beginning, let him pick the deposit amount, the date for meet etc etc. I dunno...............