Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tone Style Cargo box.

VX KAT, Didn't you acquire a JDM rear box a while back? What was that like?

Quote Originally Posted by blacksambo View Post
    VX KAT, Didn't you acquire a JDM rear box a while back? What was that like?
    No, it turned out to be so expensive to ship from the UK (it was crotchrocket's), that I could buy a JAMAS box for just a little more.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

I know what you're saying about the boxes being harder to get into, being that large. I just carry a lot of gear in my VX for work and it agitates me to no end to have it rolling around in the back. Both of my front seats have the tilt levers on them plus I have step bars, so getting in them wouldn't be an issue. I know it's not an ideal design for all but for me it would be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by RabidPony View Post
    I know what you're saying about the boxes being harder to get into, being that large. I just carry a lot of gear in my VX for work and it agitates me to no end to have it rolling around in the back. Both of my front seats have the tilt levers on them plus I have step bars, so getting in them wouldn't be an issue. I know it's not an ideal design for all but for me it would be ideal.
    makes sense. Maybe the 2 new boxes could be positioned front and rear, instead of side to side? That way the "rear" box could have a lid opening to the back of the truck, and the "front" box could have the lid open just the opposite, toward the front seats??? Wouldn't that make it easier to access your stuff? Put the bigger/heavier stuff in the rear box so you don't have to try to drag it/squeeze it out from behind the seat?

Maybe even make the 2 side by side boxes have 4 lids, instead of just 2. 2 would open to the back, 2 to the front. that way you could access stuff from behind EITHER seat.

Hm, the idea of having the two boxes front and rear sounds like an interesting idea. I need to find some cheap/free CAD software so I can tinker with designs.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    No, it turned out to be so expensive to ship from the UK (it was crotchrocket's), that I could buy a JAMAS box for just a little more.
    Thanx. Was it stock or modified and do you still think he has it?

Quote Originally Posted by blacksambo View Post
    Thanx. Was it stock or modified and do you still think he has it?
    It was the JDM stock version as far as I know, but it was really thrashed, oil-stained and chipped up, he said he was throwing it out.

Sorry. Thanks for the info.

Anything is possible. Well, almost anything. However, shipping cost might be a tad on the expensive side. I do recall seeing THIS storage solution.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMAS View Post
    Anything is possible. Well, almost anything. However, shipping cost might be a tad on the expensive side. I do recall seeing THIS storage solution.
    Wow, looks like a great option, never saw that pic. Wonder what goes down the center? deadspace? or could you put long skinny things there, accessible from either end??

Oh, I like that. Who made that one?

I believe that that is Grandpa Bob's Dragon. I think his screen name was GreenDragon, but I can't really remember. Billy know so hopefully he will chime in.

Never met the man, but I heard that he was quite a character and went EVERYWHERE in his VX. From what I've heard he is the one and only person who has driven the Rubicon trail in a VX, and I also believe that he was one of the first (if not THE first) VX to go up and down Hell's Gate out in Moab. I think he carried everything that he needed to rebuild a VX out on the trail and used that cargo box as a base for his mattress so he could sleep in the VX.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    and used that cargo box as a base for his mattress so he could sleep in the VX.
    http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/sh...php?photo=1953

Looks like you could put a scuba tank down the middle - doesn't Dub have that set-up?