Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rear bumper for hitch- crash rated

Once I get her all cleaned up and purdy again, I'll take some better pics of the, um, rear end, so you can see some better pics. It does "blend" in more than I thought it would.
    We have to take it off and get one more rubber donut on it, so it's really tight. It comes with those 2 big donuts you can see, as well as 3 addl skinnier donuts to use to really get it as snug as possible, (so it has max compression ability). We'll never get all 3 on, but definitely can get 1 on.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

I just ordered mine.

Of course, just to be different I'm going to weld a plate to it to mount my license plate on it. We'll see how that goes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Looking at their site.....I wonder how good the Bumper Shield XL is.

Sue, is the SuperBumper easy to remove if I needed to use my clevis shackle insert?

Quote Originally Posted by JAMAS View Post

Sue, is the SuperBumper easy to remove if I needed to use my clevis shackle insert?
    Takes 2 seconds..just unlock & remove the hitch pin, then pull it out. It weighs around 15 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Takes 2 seconds..just unlock & remove the hitch pin, then pull it out. It weighs around 15 lbs.
    rockin.....

I think that will be my Christmas present.

DOOO EEEETT!!!

I'll post some pix as soon as mine comes in & gets modified.

Kat, did you buy the Model SP318 or the Model SP424....the difference is the size of the bumper....I think you got the Model SP318.

Kat, did you buy the Model SP318 or the Model SP424....the difference is the size of the bumper....I think you got the Model SP318.
    Yes, that's correct, I got "SPAREBUMPER Model SP318 - Black".

Forgot to mention, he threw in a free chrome locking hitch pin so call or email him and ask for it. (Tom, call them and ask for the free hitch pin).
    The president, Jeff Mohr, is very responsive to emails and you actually get a response from him...(I know this cuz I also spoke with him by phone).

Actually, I hadn't even seen that on the website....sounds really good for off road. I want something to take the hit and scraping instead of the rear cladding or gas skid plate. It weighs 2 lbs MORE than the bumper! It must be a good chunk of metal.
    I think I'm goin' get me one of these!

That bumper shield looks cool, would like to see an option in diamond plate.

I was looking at one on etrailers site, but I like the compression feature to save the cladding and bending the hitch. Here's some links for the go rhino and etrailer.

http://www.realtruck.com/go-rhino-hi...4130P1C1T.html

http://www.etrailer.com/Accessory-St...ve/CR-600.html

The etrailer one comes with or without lights, is available for 1-1/4" or 2", or even a model that does both, and telescopes out for stepping. I still like the protection the SuperBumper gives, but I think I'd prefer the looks of the Bumper Shield.

Maybe we can all play bumper cars then.
    '01 Kaiser SC'ed VX #0867

KAT, I ordered the 424 so as soon as it arrives, I'll get some pix loaded for comparison.

Jeff offered me a free locking pin too but since I already had one, I told him not to bother. He's supposed to throw in an extra set of those rubber thinggies to protect your license plate though.

IMHO, the bumper shield is gonna get caught on rocks-n-stuff too much for you to use it off road to protect you arse cladding.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    KAT, I ordered the 424 so as soon as it arrives, I'll get some pix loaded for comparison.

Jeff offered me a free locking pin too but since I already had one, I told him not to bother. He's supposed to throw in an extra set of those rubber thinggies to protect your license plate though.

IMHO, the bumper shield is gonna get caught on rocks-n-stuff too much for you to use it off road to protect you arse cladding.
    Oh sure Tom, you had to order the bigger thicker bumper.....to go along with your OFH.....you must have hitch-envy!

j/k
    I'm not wild about the thicker tube (3.25" vs. 4") in model 424 but I do like the wider size (18" v 24"), so side by side pics will be interesting to see.

The thicker tubing probably will look OK on yours with the OFH, it's kind of proportional. It continues to grow on me aesthetically...and Teddy likes it cuz he can finally get in the truck on his own....you recall Teddy, my pet badger/tazmanian devil.....but it will be nice to compare our hiney pics! I might upgrade to the bigger one.....oh wait, I've already done that.

Funny, my quest started out to find something that WOULD take the scrapes when wheeling instead of the cladding or gas tank skid...now I don't want to mess up my hitch or my bumper...

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Oh sure Tom, you had to order the bigger thicker bumper.....to go along with your OFH.....you must have hitch-envy!
    KAT,

I know you're JK but in reality I'm actually going for a slightly more benign look. This is what I'm running now (& you can see why I need to add a license plate mount to it).

BTW, I towed the trailer home from work last Thursday. I completely forgot that I had switched to the receiver without the safety chain hoops. I really need to rig up something on my receiver hitch for that.

WooHoo. Superbumper arrived last night.

I'll try to get her cleaned up & purdy for some daytime shots this weekend.

Yup KAT, those are gas spill stains on there. A few weeks ago the pump forgot to shut off & about a gallon of gas spilled down the side. Keeping fingers crossed that it'll clean off easy.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    [/LEFT]

Yup KAT, those are gas spill stains on there. A few weeks ago the pump forgot to shut off & about a gallon of gas spilled down the side. Keeping fingers crossed that it'll clean off easy.
    So what is the bumper supposed to do that the massive spare tire won't?

Try using Back to Black on your gas stain, I had the same problem a month or two ago and B2B took it right off.