Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
I know BigSwede says he is positive the 95+ Troopers will swap out but you'd probably need the inner "stub" axle part where the inner ball assembly is snapped into to be sure. I wonder if EMPI's will be any stronger than the other aftermarket CV's out there. I talked to a guy awhile back (will need to find his info) that owns a company that builds custom shafts for offroad/high HP applications and he said he could do some for my old Rodeo when I had it, just need to send him the axle but he couldn't guarantee it being bulletproof or anything because of the CV angles and what not on different vehicles but they are "supposed" to be stronger than stock. Not sure how legit it was/is though
Sure the'll work, but be aware there ARE small differnces....ones that are not noticable untill you try and use a VX axle and Balls in a Rodeo/Trooper outer....wont fit....

Have a good look at the empi catalog...they list demensions of EACH part....you can see the differences yourselves...

There are alot (guys with machine shops) of ways to upgrade the axles and CVs on the Isuzus, but they are all costly