Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Torn

when i see a post from HWJ i got to smile alittle and read it ...Im sorry I cant help myself...but to you HWJ i just had my transmision replaced and ill be treading alittle bit lighter from now on... Im still smiling ...lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    HWJ--- Simply said; Yes, you are crazy and there is no cure for you. I remember painfully watching your bogus homemade video of how you absolutely abuse and attempt to destroy your poor VX on that wannabe rallycross fire road behind your house. That's not hardcore 4-wheeling, that is simply plain ignorance of how one shouldn't treat a VX. If you treat any vehicle (regardless of make/model) with the same abuse and destruction you subject your poor VX to, then any vehicle will require severe maintenance and repair. If you would only drive your poor VX with love, consideration and care, then you wouldn't be in the pickle you're in now. VX's are extremely agile offroad and will last a very long time by only using 4WL and driving slow with prudence while in an offroad environment. I pity ANY vehicle that comes within your ownership. Sad, sad, sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE View Post
    Listen Prick,
    I have watched a lot of YouTube videos of VX ers going off way harder than I ever have. My VX is running but my mechanic suggested that since he scraped a lot of mud out from under my car that if I wanted to keep driving it for a while I should stay on the pavement more. I love my car would never do anything that would harm it intentionally. I'm just wondering if the VX community had any thoughts about keeping em on the road by not taking them offroad. I wasn't trying to hear how you did not like my video, and the fact you even remember I made a video make me believe you must have a serious Internet man crush on me. I'm flattered but I don't swing that way.
    I like to drive fast offroad, none of that ***** 1 mile an hour going over rocks crap. If you call that exciting wheeling then maybe you can paint your VX pink and get a rhinestone liscence plate frame that says " pwder puff" instead of riff raff

Quote Originally Posted by don moore View Post
    when i see a post from HWJ i got to smile alittle and read it ...Im sorry I cant help myself...... Im still smiling ...lol
    x2. You're my hero, Don. Nuff' said.

This thread quickly headed downhill...
    back to the topic. There aren't a whole lot of us that actually wheel their VX anyway, if more than once a year, yet I still see many folks having component failures. The way I figure it, if you take care of your body and live life safely, you might make it to 85, or you can have fun, take risks, and maybe make it to 75. Either way you die, might as well enjoy it. I feel the same with the VX. I do not purposely abuse the VX, but I do make her sweat, and I think its good for her
    Having said that, it is now after 8am here, so I can run a grinder and cutting wheel without the HOA trying to fine me again, damn lazy neighbors, time to put some new holes in the old girl,and finish the bumper.
    However you utilize your VX, please, please, please, dont let it sit in the garage for 5 yrs, get out and drive her, let people see the awesomeness that is the (in ominous voice) "ISUZU VEHICROSS!!!"

HWJ-you have your mechanic wash the mud off of your VX for you? That might be a problem. Your supposed to do that stuff on your own...sorry, couldn't help it

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

[QUOTE}

HWJ-you have your mechanic wash the mud off of your VX for you? That might be a problem. Your supposed to do that stuff on your own...sorry, couldn't help it[/QUOTE]

my mechanic was replacing the fuel pump,probably due to age more than offroading, it had 120 thousand miles on it..

i AGREE!, using the VX as a daily drive and then having my fun with it on the weekends means an on going maintenance schedule of replacing bits i break. I love off roading it as everyone is always amazed at its capabilities but must admit i am considering a off road only vehicle. and keeping the VX road only. I dont feel bad about having an off road looking vehicle and not taking it off road anymore as its earnt its 'mud' wings
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

Quote Originally Posted by crotchrocket View Post
    'mud' wings
    Hmmm, reminds of a video that went viral a few years ago, something about a cup and some girls...

hahahahahaha, !!

HWJ- I absolutely understand your dilemma ...I feel the same way! I see nothing wrong at all with you posting this and kinda asking for thoughts. That's what we do here....we chat about our VXs. We all know it's his own decision.

Hmmm, that rant sounded similar to another personal attack about 2 months ago, sounds like a pattern...that's really unfortunate....

Marlin drives his hard and breaks stuff and has tons of fun in the process, but nobody criticizes him for doing it.....I don't think Marlin is "crazy, destroying, abusing". He's having FUN!!!

And let's all remember the words on crotchrocket's VX.... "One life. Live it." (however we wants to!)

Agree Grif, let's try to send this thread back up North!
    Last edited by VX KAT : 07/25/2010 at 12:29 PM
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Ya know,
    All I wanted to ask was a simple question, something I think a lot of people are thinking about. I don't want to stop enjoying the offroad perks of having a VX, but I don't want to be damaging a car that is getting older even if it looks like it was designed 10 years from now. I asked respectfully, and got some guy saying my videos suck and that he feels sorry for my cars and that there is no cure for me. A little more than I bargained for, but there is a crank in every neighborhood. Not being able to rally my VX is a lot like having a smoking hot lady who doesn't go down. Like what's the point?

Angry thats the internet for you

You ask a question in an open forum youre going to get answers you dont like. We have to rely on ourselves to police our writings. I myself have been accused of firing a shot across the bow a few times

However if your response is to escalate it or turn crude and call names or start talking about getting a BJ in a mixed forum with no regard to our female readers you arent any better.

I hear the sound of a thread closing...
    Last edited by vt_maverick : 07/25/2010 at 05:49 PM

And just what the crap is wrong with the South??!?!

bunch of damn yankees sounds like to me!

I did not mean to show any disrespect to any of the ladies in here, wheather they go down or not. I was just making an analogy.So in all fairness, ladies, for me not being able to offroad in my vehicross is like having a really good looking boyfriend that doesn't go down. I hope this has remedied the situation and made my message clear to both sexes and not just one. Peace...

lol Well I'll refrain from any comments to be made on all the "clutter" in here, but to your original question, I'm considering the same thing. I'm building a "trail" rig that I can beat the snot out of and not be worried about sliding into a tree on a slick trail etc (no matter how "safe" you try to be, this can always happen, had 2 friends roll their trucks just by dropping a tire off in just the wrong spot). Figure if I do, it'll be alot easier getting a "new" fender for an amigo/rodeo/trooper than a Vehicross. Now I still plan on taking my VX on occasional trips but some of the harder, more likely to break body panels type stuff, I'll avoid in ol' Sylvia. I love cleaning it up and driving it around town, it's my daily driver and I couldn't imagine not driving it. I love wheeling it to but I know the first time I cave in a quarter panel (sorry Jo lol) I'd cry like a little girl.
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread