Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vehicross or crack pipe? VOTE HERE!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Vehicross or crack pipe? VOTE HERE!

So I came across this article about a Vehicross for sale. The writer doesn't take a position, himself...he's leaving it up to you, the voters.

So, VOTE! Nice price, or crack pipe?

http://jalopnik.com/5597129/for-1000...-from-the-past
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    I voted "nice price" but I'm kinda partial.

I think whoever wrote that may own one or more crack pipes though...

"changing of the torque split, and is able to send the majority to either axle"

since when could the majority of power go to the front axle...

"seller makes the claim of 300 ponies from the now forced induction six. Power delivery of the stock motor was said to be adequate back in the day, so this one, if it does rock 300"

That's a pretty big IF ya got there fella...

"The dash is shared with the decidedly ‘80s Trooper"

Mmmmmmmaybe try Rodeo/Pilot...

C'mon folks, vote.

Fer = 40%

Agin = 60%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Ebony, supercharged, low miles, looks clean, nice price to me.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post

"The dash is shared with the decidedly ‘80s Trooper"

Mmmmmmmaybe try Rodeo/PASSPORT...
    Fixed for ya Dub And I voted nice price, low miles and has the Supercharger puts it up a bit. I'm sure you could get it for 8500-9000 easy though
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    Fixed for ya Dub
    OOPS...

Thanks Bro, I owe ya one...

What can I say?... been up all night & runni'n on mental fumes....

For $10k, you'd think he could INCLUDE a crack pipe, but I voted "Nice" anyway just 'cause I'm sick of 'ignert' people takin' pot shots at our beloved VXs!

Ldub...Honda Pilot...lol: http://automobiles.honda.com/pilot/exterior-photos.aspx

Fixed for ya Dub And I voted nice price, low miles and has the Supercharger puts it up a bit. I'm sure you could get it for 8500-9000 easy though
    Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    OOPS...

Thanks Bro, I owe ya one...

What can I say?... been up all night & runni'n on mental fumes....
    Quote Originally Posted by PHO2GR4 View Post
    Uhhhh...yah...got it...
    Last edited by Ldub : 07/28/2010 at 02:36 PM

Nearly a mirror image of mine in looks and mileage. Mine probably has far less cosmetic blemishes like they mention in the article, never been roughed up off road, and is garage kept though.

I would price mine at $15k, no frills. If it didn't sell, it would sit till someone came along that had $15k (sorry Russia, not meeting you guys at the shipyard ). Think about it, 2 years, 5 years, 10 years from now.... someone will eventually.

I like the bra in the pics. Were that scoop actually functional, it would defeat the purpose, heh. Also, 300hp? I'm a S/C'd monkey butt too but I dunno dude, you better show some dyno slips first. That's some pretty big talk for what you may actually be peaking 200 at the wheels. Keep saying to myself, I am gonna get mine slipped.... and it keeps slipping my mind.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Well it COULD make 300hp at the crank, seeing as that's what most reference when asked about a vehicle, like my VX has 215hp etc etc. Or as I do with my "fast" builds, I'd say "I make xxx HP at the tires" if I have dynoed and I will throw out the calculated engine HP sometimes too. Like "I make 365hp at the tires, pushing a bit over 400 at the motor"

I voted NP, with only 54K miles, that would be a fair deal. Personally I would rather not have the SC, but thats just me. I would take the SC off, sell it, use the money for more mods!!!!!!!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Dang, where the heck are all these Crack Pipe votes comin' from???....oh yeah.....the rest of the world...non vehicross.info members and non VX owners...
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Dang, where the heck are all these Crack Pipe votes comin' from???....oh yeah.....the rest of the world...non vehicross.info members and non VX owners...
    I know, it's hard to ignore the haters, but "they know not what they do."

Still, let's Rock the Vote and do right by our trusty VXs.

PS: Just found out (accidentally, of course) that I can input multiple votes as long as I use different computers, or laptops, or iPhones...just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Personally I would rather not have the SC, but thats just me.
    WoW...that works out really well for you then...since you don't...

Can you imagine the mental anguish you would suffer if you had a supercharger?...And couldn't get rid of it?...

It would be just awful...

Well it COULD make 300hp at the crank, seeing as that's what most reference when asked about a vehicle, like my VX has 215hp etc etc. Or as I do with my "fast" builds, I'd say "I make xxx HP at the tires" if I have dynoed and I will throw out the calculated engine HP sometimes too. Like "I make 365hp at the tires, pushing a bit over 400 at the motor"
    Right, but I hear that talk all the time living in the Subaru world as well so I NEED slips to prove it. All I'm saying. Too many people go with a bolt-on and expect that advertised power.... only to find out that they need to spend another $120 per hour on a dyno and laptop to map a tune for full potential (sure wish we had that option). Luckily, the S/C is pretty cut and dry since it's far more mechanical and sensor free. But still.... even the Ebay Intake Turbo Twister advertises a 35hp boost.... let me see some slips.

Wish I had the time to dyno mine cause I am very interested in knowing where it's powerband lays and just how much in the low end I am increasing. My VX is sluggish on it's low end, no thanks to the larger tires and full OEM weight, but high end, that little monster can make a highway lane pass like my STi. Would love to work some of those kinks out.