Thread: And the (poop) just keeps piling up!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry And the (poop) just keeps piling up!

I listed my VX on ebay. I got an inquiry asking if the airbags had been replaced... huh? Airbags? for what? I was told by the previous owner that it hadn't been in a wreck!So i sign into ebay, only to find out by the autocheck that IT WAS IN AN ACCIDENT! WTF!!!!???? It cleared the Carfax... how can this be!? Right now... I hate the world!
    ~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by VXIRONwoMAN View Post
    I listed my VX on ebay. I got an inquiry asking if the airbags had been replaced... huh? Airbags? for what? I was told by the previous owner that it hadn't been in a wreck!So i sign into ebay, only to find out by the autocheck that IT WAS IN AN ACCIDENT! WTF!!!!???? It cleared the Carfax... how can this be!? Right now... I hate the world!
    Doesn't Carfax give a guarantee that if it was in a reportable accident that they don't list you can get some money back or something?

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by VXIRONwoMAN View Post
    it was most likly in a body shop for a parking lot boo boo.. and had the clading replaced.....and it went in for a insurance claim ..thats what most claims are..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

CeCe - I'm so sorry this has happened to you, I had the exact same experience when we went to sell my wife's Accord. Lost $6500 in resale value because we bought a vehicle with an errant CarFax report. Link to the longer story of how it happened and why you should NEVER trust Carfax:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...d.php?p=180322

Don't expect any help from CarFax. You'll notice when you visit their site that they have no telephone number to call and no physical address listed. They have literally thousands of BBB complaints against them, and as far as anyone can tell, they have only paid for 1 (yes 1!) vehicle replacement in their history. AutoCheck is run by Experian (one of the big three credit agencies) and is MUCH more accurate.

Might explain a lot of the other problems you have had also.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Mine must have been in a wreck too!!! ughhh
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

I know mine was...I saw it first hand!

Mine was as well, under 2K in damage, drivers front fender was replaced, I can tell by the cheap paint job and the tinny sound if you knock on it

Anyone care to check my vin to see if anything pops up? I'd be interested to know. That sucks though that carfax didn't show it, they should take down those stupid carfox commercials!
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    they should take down those stupid carfox commercials!
    So much for "truth in advertising"
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Wink

Hey Lil Sister..sorry for your trubbles...

But don't be hatin' on the whole world...there's still some good out there...

And YOU are DUE.....

That's the suck Cece. Kinda like finding out your spouse has been cheating on you for years behind your back. Deep breaths..... the sledge hammer is too heavy for this job.

Carfax is, to my current knowledge, clean on mine as well, though it has been in for for body work 2 times. A total of about $12k front end damage. I "only" go to one body shop cause these guys are simply awesome and having been a body man and painter, I can vouch for their excellent work. You would never know (and I always paid a bit extra out of pocket for new panels.... avoid the mud). Though, and I wouldn't ever be surprised, if the insurance companies that paid the tab did report it to Carfax and it took years to show up. I know, as of like last year, mine was clean. Selling it, I would be honest to the buyer, even if there were no reports.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Well that sux. I wondered if that was yours. Unfortunately, that old saying where there's a will there's a way can come into play with vehicles sometimes. For the unscrupulous car dealer, there are a few states where a current out-of-state title can be "cleaned" by applying for a new one in a certain state, then using that new title to obtain a clean title back in the original state. The reasons given to the DMV for needing to do so can vary, but it happens.

Was there any indication how serious the accident was? I mean, is airbag deployment something that is actually recorded in accidents/reports like carfax or autocheck? If it wasn't that serious, overall value shouldn't be affected too much.