Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Push Bar

Okay, here we go. It was the last--unfortunately--in a 5 day string of above 0ºC weather so I decided to take her out for a bit of a bath. The highlights are a little blown but you can see what the black finish does to the push bar. I think it looks sharp, but it's definitely motivation to do something to the rest of the cladding. Waiting to see how the Gatorback wears on @mikenomy's rig. Hope springs eternal, right?

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Fantastic...

Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Dude that is REALLY sharp. Great work!

Are you planning on selling these? If not, would you mind shooting over the VW files(s) so I can talk to my fabricator?

Speaking of hope springing eternal, where'd you pick up that wind deflector sitting on top of the roof?

That does look pretty nice!

Quote Originally Posted by eternal21 View Post
    Speaking of hope springing eternal, where'd you pick up that wind deflector sitting on top of the roof?
    It looks like a Thule Fairing with the "thule" logo hiding on the reverse side...
    01 VX Kaiser | Love it! Drive it! Mod it! MYVEHICROSS.com | VX-WIKI

Rancho RS9000X | VXC Shifter Plates | PV2 | Hella Micro DE fogs | Carbon Fiber Hood | AfterShock Skid Plates (front, rear, sides)

Here you go... $72 and free shipping.

http://store.mpgear.com/thulefairingmedium.aspx

Make some money and sell a few!!!!

Who all would be interested in purchasing one? I dunno about the rest of y'all, but I'd like to see a Line-Xed version of this. I'll be talking to my fabricator this weekend to see what the materials & work cost will be.

im in! lmk

I had a LineX guy look at it when it was made actually. He was going to give me a sweetheart of a deal on coverage, but I wanted something a little less chunky looking, so I opted for the more expensive powder coat, also because I want to put lights on it at some point and I don't want to deal with scraping anything. I'm very happy with the results but I definitely understand that not everyone wants the same thing.

My brother in law had suggested that it would be around $500 for materials and fabrication (not including any finish) using this design which--it's very worth noting--needs to be slightly adjusted to fit every machine separately since they're not identical underneath. His suggestion was that anyone interested would send their fabricator a cardboard template of the locations of the bolt holes underneath, as they're on metal that's welded to the frame, and not the frame itself. As a result they are not perfectly true. When we built this we cut the pieces and after bolting the pieces that connect to the VX, clamped the pieces and tacked them in place.

He'd mentioned at the time that he'd be willing to make more for people at around that cost but shipping from his shop (on Vancouver Island) is pretty prohibitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiredgoon View Post
    I had a LineX guy look at it when it was made actually. He was going to give me a sweetheart of a deal on coverage, but I wanted something a little less chunky looking, so I opted for the more expensive powder coat, also because I want to put lights on it at some point and I don't want to deal with scraping anything. I'm very happy with the results but I definitely understand that not everyone wants the same thing.

My brother in law had suggested that it would be around $500 for materials and fabrication (not including any finish) using this design which--it's very worth noting--needs to be slightly adjusted to fit every machine separately since they're not identical underneath. His suggestion was that anyone interested would send their fabricator a cardboard template of the locations of the bolt holes underneath, as they're on metal that's welded to the frame, and not the frame itself. As a result they are not perfectly true. When we built this we cut the pieces and after bolting the pieces that connect to the VX, clamped the pieces and tacked them in place.
    Interesting that you mentioned the lights, as I was contemplating that, too. And possibly a license plate bracket that sits between the 2nd and 3rd "pipe", but pushed back closer to the bumper.

Given the information that you've provided about the mounting, it might be worth considering having the 2 mounting pads bolt to the rest of the assembly, and making slots to accommodate the variances from vehicle to vehicle. At that point, people could bolt it, then weld it if they so choose. If not, they'd still be able to use it w/out an issue.

We'll see how it progresses, and thank you very much for the file