Thread: rear seat fold up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well I know I pull that strap to release the latch that holds the seats down to the floor, but when I flip them forward (resting on the back of the front seats) why won't they lock in place?

guess I'm just a big ole pile of dumb because this one has me scratching my head.

OK I guess it's not you then. There is supposed to be a strap attached to the back of your passenger seat - up near the top. It has a metal hook on the end. When the seats are folded forward, the backs of course face forward and this metal hook is inserted in the metal loop that is under the square carpet flap just aft of the console. You just hook it in there and give the end of the strap a good tug to tighten things up.

Can't leave a man scratching his head - he might end up hair-challenged like me.

Not sure about pulling the strap to release the seats, I just pull the latch lever.
    But if there is a hook on the end of your strap, it has to engage with a bracket under your carpet to hold the seats up. There is a small flap in the carpet with velcro holding it closed normally.
    If you have your front seats pushed back, the strap will not reach, so move the front seats forward and locate the bracket.
    Pull your rear seats all the way forward, and then pull the bejessus outa the strap, hold your tongue just right, and it all fits together.

It is not easy.

Then you can slide your front seats back and they rest on the back seats folded forward.

See - its not that you are a dumbass - you just didn't hold your tongue right.

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

Mark