Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Political humor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

well here it goes

Quote Originally Posted by HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE View Post
    I think the real is joke is, "if republicans are so economically saavy, why did they get their butts kicked in the last election?"
    I mean a landslide victory for Obama,
    Majorities in the house and senate...
    The reason is simple....
    Yes very few who are eligible vote and those who do vote do not have to be here legally nor do they have to have a thought in there empty heads to vote. The only problem with a Republic is stupid people are allowed to vote.

If you look at history, since say 1776..
    Look at GNP, Stock market,Unemployment stats,growth in the private and public sector,and other economic indicators you will find something very interesting...
    The country fairs better economically when Democrats are in power and worse when Republicans are in power....
    That is just a lie. We are currently worse under Bo than Bush. Sure you liberals blame Bush but it was your god BO who promised if we gave an $800,000,000,000 stimulous unemployment would not go over 8% (it went over and has stayed over) He either lied or did not know what he was talking about. When was the last time **** was this bad? Under the white BO Jimmy Carter. We could only get gas ecery other day at gas stations and they would often rub oyt after waiting 2-3 hours to get gas. Yes youngins in the 70s we had rationing and it was because of a liberal idiot who once was attacked and had to be saved by the secret service from a bunny rabbit. (this was not made up) It was Reagan who saved the economy and Bush senior who continued it. We then got Clinton who immediately started messing it up until we got a Republican house and senate. It is just Republicans are elected to fix an economy and then when things are smooth idiot voters forget and reelect Democrats who set about ruining it again.

That's not a rectally extracted talking point, that's a fact.
    All you loudmouth conservatives should not take my word for it but crack a book and educate yourselves on a little thing called American history.
    So again I say
    Sit your a§§ down and get comfortable, Your side lost, and deservedly so...
    Frankly I doubt your education comes close to mine. In History, economics, business or common sense. If you had a little education you would know politics goes in cycles and this was the Democrats turn. Frankly BO has sucked so bad as well as Pelosi and Reid that the Republicans will think he was the greatest thing ever to happen to the Republican party. And I only hope when the land slide occurs this November you take your own advice sit down shut up and read a book. And not like your messiah reads teleprompter actually read it understand it and remember it. Every economist in the world says taxes in a bad economy is a bad idea.

That was very enlightening..
    You have convinced me of something..
    Guys in the Midwest don't get laid enough...
    I gotta go cash my welfare check from all your tax money and buy drugs with it, because I like to be really high when I laugh about how totally pointless talking to a bunch of dittohead dorks who's panties get in a bunch because more than half the country won't be taken in by your bloated dogmatic rhetoric.... Including me...

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

I always feel most enlightened when those with a far better education than I received, (not hard to trump me in that area) resort to speculative insult & name calling to make their point...

Fresh cheeseburgers for my horses, & water for my troops!...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    I always feel most enlightened when those with a far better education than I received, (not hard to trump me in that area) resort to speculative insult & name calling to make their point...
    College did mean something back in the day you had to be smart

have you met a college graduate in the last ten years

now it just means you can afford it and had nothing better to do

Quote Originally Posted by VXR View Post
    College did mean something back in the day you had to be smart

have you met a college graduate in the last ten years

now it just means you can afford it and had nothing better to do
    that's funny!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    that's funny!
    He is right, it used to be only smart kids, athletes and rich kids went to college. Now anyone can go to school. Tuition loans are the third highest expenditure in the US government. Number one is social programs, the government pays out 75% of what the TOTAL DOD defense budget is into the welfare program. That includes equipment, soldiers, retirement, research and so on. 75%!!!!!!! So when you complain about how much the military spends, remember, almost 3/4 of that amount is just given away to people who aren't working. That is an investment with little to no return.
    In my current class I am teaching, I have 5 students with college degrees, 1 with a masters in computer science. So the thought that the military will take just anyone is out the window. College is to the point that it is useless since so many get degrees. If we were to streamline our college programs, similar to Australia, you only take courses related to your major. No more stupid British Literature courses and whatnot, this way, you are much better at your chosen topic. College is a scam. No reason one of those books should cost 200 bucks. I am enrolled in school, the military paid 900 bucks for calcI. It was an online, self taught course. What did the government pay for?!
    COLLEGE IS A SCAM.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    COLLEGE IS A SCAM.
    true

Typical liberal

That was very enlightening..
    You have convinced me of something..
    Guys in the Midwest don't get laid enough...
    I gotta go cash my welfare check from all your tax money and buy drugs with it, because I like to be really high when I laugh about how totally pointless talking to a bunch of dittohead dorks who's panties get in a bunch because more than half the country won't be taken in by your bloated dogmatic rhetoric.... Including me...
    Cant make your point with facts so resort to name calling and insults. I am not sure what educational institution you went to but assume it wasone of those pass everybody or it will hurt their self esteem and that is more important than actually learning anything. However, this may allow you to become rich as a result of a lawsuit for failure to provide you with a quality education that you were entitled to. Of course it wasnt your fault if you did not knuckle down and study instead of taking a social promotion.

Now if having a liberal govt is so much more economically advantagious please explain the financial health of California (the most liberal of states), New York City, Detroit (and Michigan as a whole), Pittsburgh, Philidelphia, Boston, as well as many other liberal cities that never seem to have enough money despite siphoning it from small towns around them.

You've convinced me!

Palin in 2012!

cmon

You've convinced me!

Palin in 2012!
    Even Im not that nuts. If it helps I am not a fan of the Republicans of late either

Quote Originally Posted by circmand;20090
    [B
    That is just a lie. We are currently worse under Bo than Bush. (this was not made up) It was Reagan who saved the economy and Bush senior who continued it. We then got Clinton who immediately started messing it up until we got a Republican house and senate. It is just Republicans are elected to fix an economy and then when things are smooth idiot voters forget and reelect Democrats who set about ruining it again.[/B]
    So, set me straight with your higher education. You say Clinton messed things up. How many jobs did Clinton create under his 8 years? Please compare that to Reagan, Bush I, and Bush II and get back with me please. Do me another favor. Go ahead and compare Crazy Carter too. Let's see, I think he was only in office for one term if I'm correct.

You know what? I think I found it. What do you think? Get back to me o.k.?http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2009/...ord-on-record/
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
    So, set me straight with your higher education. You say Clinton messed things up. How many jobs did Clinton create under his 8 years? Please compare that to Reagan, Bush I, and Bush II and get back with me please. Do me another favor. Go ahead and compare Crazy Carter too. Let's see, I think he was only in office for one term if I'm correct.

You know what? I think I found it. What do you think? Get back to me o.k.?http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2009/...ord-on-record/
    Interesting, I noticed that if you take into account lack of douchebaggery, Reagan wins by a landslide. Having said that, remember that the Clinton administration created a lot of jobs out of nothing. This resulted in the current housing crisis. Telling people they have money to spend that they really don't have, forcing the banks to give them the money, therefore buying things on credit, resulting in more jobs. We see where that got us...you can buy a 3700 sqft house brand new in my area for 170K out the door. (or in the door, pun intended). 8 houses down from me, same neighborhood, a 1400 sqft house by the same manufacturer sold for close to 200K new 5 years ago. A home is the most important thing you will ever buy, other than life insurance if you have a family. This drives our economy, so now most every house in my community that is more than 2 or 3 years old is upside down by 50-100K. I am right on that cusp, mine is only 2400 sqft, but I have every bell and whistle you can get, so I hope I can get what I paid a few years ago when I leave next year. Fix the housing market, and everything else will fall into place.
    This is not at a presidential level to fix. Our city planners have to approve every home that is built. Rather than stop home construction, they continue to let builders develop, meanwhile, homeowners that are trying to sell are stuck. New houses=higher property tax=more revenue. I talked to a lawyer about a class action against the city planners. He agreed we had a case, but it would take so long, and so much money, there was no way I will be here long enough to see it to fruition.

Tomdietrying I missed your question

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post

According to the American Thinker here are the rankings of the Presidents and the economy as it occured under them. As you can see 3 of top 4 were under Republicans, a majority were Republicans and that bat **** crazy Carter was LAST PLACE.

By the way American Thinker uses scientific facts and figures and does not quotes some BLOG as if it is fact. Hence the gragh and financial figures

Why is it all these young liberals seem to think anything posted on a Blog is a fact. It is NOT. It is some persons opinion. Opinions are like assho&*) everyone has one and they all stink

However, if we rank the Presidents by economic performance over the fiscal budgets plus the 1-year lag, we obtain the following.

Ranked by FY + 1 Yr Lag
    1 JFK/LBJ (5.7)
    2 Reagan 1 (5.0)
    3 Ike 2 (4.5)
    4 Nixon/Ford (4.2)
    5 Clinton 1 (3.7)
    6 Truman (3.3)
    7 Nixon, Reagan 2 (3.2)
    9 W. Bush 1 (2.9)
    10 LBJ (2.8)
    11 Ike 1 (2.7)
    12 Clinton 2 (2.6)
    13 H. W. Bush, (2.5)
    14 W. Bush 2* (1.5)
    15 Carter (0.6)

By this method, three of the top four spots go to Republicans and the bottom six slots are evenly split between the parties.
    Last edited by circmand : 08/04/2010 at 01:58 PM

I don't think one person(president) has very much effect on the economy,too many factors. Big business does better in Republican Land.
    There is no trickle-down effect in most cases.
    Random thoughts from a college drop-out.lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!