Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Political humor

cmon

Quote Originally Posted by HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE View Post
    You've convinced me!

Palin in 2012!
    Even Im not that nuts. If it helps I am not a fan of the Republicans of late either

Quote Originally Posted by VXR View Post
    College did mean something back in the day you had to be smart

have you met a college graduate in the last ten years

now it just means you can afford it and had nothing better to do
    that's funny!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    that's funny!
    He is right, it used to be only smart kids, athletes and rich kids went to college. Now anyone can go to school. Tuition loans are the third highest expenditure in the US government. Number one is social programs, the government pays out 75% of what the TOTAL DOD defense budget is into the welfare program. That includes equipment, soldiers, retirement, research and so on. 75%!!!!!!! So when you complain about how much the military spends, remember, almost 3/4 of that amount is just given away to people who aren't working. That is an investment with little to no return.
    In my current class I am teaching, I have 5 students with college degrees, 1 with a masters in computer science. So the thought that the military will take just anyone is out the window. College is to the point that it is useless since so many get degrees. If we were to streamline our college programs, similar to Australia, you only take courses related to your major. No more stupid British Literature courses and whatnot, this way, you are much better at your chosen topic. College is a scam. No reason one of those books should cost 200 bucks. I am enrolled in school, the military paid 900 bucks for calcI. It was an online, self taught course. What did the government pay for?!
    COLLEGE IS A SCAM.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by circmand;20090
    [B
    That is just a lie. We are currently worse under Bo than Bush. (this was not made up) It was Reagan who saved the economy and Bush senior who continued it. We then got Clinton who immediately started messing it up until we got a Republican house and senate. It is just Republicans are elected to fix an economy and then when things are smooth idiot voters forget and reelect Democrats who set about ruining it again.[/B]
    So, set me straight with your higher education. You say Clinton messed things up. How many jobs did Clinton create under his 8 years? Please compare that to Reagan, Bush I, and Bush II and get back with me please. Do me another favor. Go ahead and compare Crazy Carter too. Let's see, I think he was only in office for one term if I'm correct.

You know what? I think I found it. What do you think? Get back to me o.k.?http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2009/...ord-on-record/
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post
    So, set me straight with your higher education. You say Clinton messed things up. How many jobs did Clinton create under his 8 years? Please compare that to Reagan, Bush I, and Bush II and get back with me please. Do me another favor. Go ahead and compare Crazy Carter too. Let's see, I think he was only in office for one term if I'm correct.

You know what? I think I found it. What do you think? Get back to me o.k.?http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2009/...ord-on-record/
    Interesting, I noticed that if you take into account lack of douchebaggery, Reagan wins by a landslide. Having said that, remember that the Clinton administration created a lot of jobs out of nothing. This resulted in the current housing crisis. Telling people they have money to spend that they really don't have, forcing the banks to give them the money, therefore buying things on credit, resulting in more jobs. We see where that got us...you can buy a 3700 sqft house brand new in my area for 170K out the door. (or in the door, pun intended). 8 houses down from me, same neighborhood, a 1400 sqft house by the same manufacturer sold for close to 200K new 5 years ago. A home is the most important thing you will ever buy, other than life insurance if you have a family. This drives our economy, so now most every house in my community that is more than 2 or 3 years old is upside down by 50-100K. I am right on that cusp, mine is only 2400 sqft, but I have every bell and whistle you can get, so I hope I can get what I paid a few years ago when I leave next year. Fix the housing market, and everything else will fall into place.
    This is not at a presidential level to fix. Our city planners have to approve every home that is built. Rather than stop home construction, they continue to let builders develop, meanwhile, homeowners that are trying to sell are stuck. New houses=higher property tax=more revenue. I talked to a lawyer about a class action against the city planners. He agreed we had a case, but it would take so long, and so much money, there was no way I will be here long enough to see it to fruition.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    COLLEGE IS A SCAM.
    true

I take exception to that. I are college gradumicated & I'm the smartest person I know ... 'course I don't know that many people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

I attended 2 colleges.... dropped out of both. School simply conflicted with my party time. Priorities my friends, priorities.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

shouldnt that be

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    I take exception to that. I are college gradumicated & I'm the smartest person I know ... 'course I don't know that many people.
    college edjumacated? And Hamburger and clown colleges are not real colleges.

Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    college edjumacated? And Hamburger and clown colleges are not real colleges.
    Prolly ... but I gots Nacho Cheese in my 'a' key a while back & it sticks now. Every once in a while I gotta substitute dif'rent letters to compensate.

Tomdietrying I missed your question

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying View Post

According to the American Thinker here are the rankings of the Presidents and the economy as it occured under them. As you can see 3 of top 4 were under Republicans, a majority were Republicans and that bat **** crazy Carter was LAST PLACE.

By the way American Thinker uses scientific facts and figures and does not quotes some BLOG as if it is fact. Hence the gragh and financial figures

Why is it all these young liberals seem to think anything posted on a Blog is a fact. It is NOT. It is some persons opinion. Opinions are like assho&*) everyone has one and they all stink

However, if we rank the Presidents by economic performance over the fiscal budgets plus the 1-year lag, we obtain the following.

Ranked by FY + 1 Yr Lag
    1 JFK/LBJ (5.7)
    2 Reagan 1 (5.0)
    3 Ike 2 (4.5)
    4 Nixon/Ford (4.2)
    5 Clinton 1 (3.7)
    6 Truman (3.3)
    7 Nixon, Reagan 2 (3.2)
    9 W. Bush 1 (2.9)
    10 LBJ (2.8)
    11 Ike 1 (2.7)
    12 Clinton 2 (2.6)
    13 H. W. Bush, (2.5)
    14 W. Bush 2* (1.5)
    15 Carter (0.6)

By this method, three of the top four spots go to Republicans and the bottom six slots are evenly split between the parties.
    Last edited by circmand : 08/04/2010 at 01:58 PM

I don't think one person(president) has very much effect on the economy,too many factors. Big business does better in Republican Land.
    There is no trickle-down effect in most cases.
    Random thoughts from a college drop-out.lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

circmand, I must commend you on the amount of work that went into that post. In the end, all presidents have their good sides and their bad. Just look at Lincoln and how he tried to arrest a supreme court judge. :P

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness View Post
    Random thoughts from a college drop-out.lol
    WORD......

I kinda remember going to college...partys...

Somehow, forgot to ever enroll...

We were talking about this stuff at work today, and we came to the conclusion that it does not matter who the president is. He actually doesn't really do anything. House and senate are where the real problems fester. 8 years and they get 100K a year for life and free medical. That is waves beyond what the military gets, and we have to do 20 years and actually do something for it. What does a senator or rep really do? I think there needs to be a wholesale purge on our entire political system. There is way too much money involved. *sigh*, I really do not know what can be done, but the system is so screwed up, it isn't even functional anymore. Our judicial system is a farce, we pay agencies that watch agencies that are in charge of watching businesses. How many people do we needlessly employ? Why can't we do a fair tax, 10% for everyone, think of how many billions we would save in tax processing alone!!! No more loop holes for the rich, why do I have to pay taxes on things that have already been taxed? (used cars, how much is collected in tax revenue through one lifetime of the average $20K car?!) Why are there handicap spots at 6 flags? If you can wheel across 100 acres of rides and fun, you can wheel across 10 acres of parking lot. Why aren't churches taxed? They are HUGE businesses. Why do we fight about gay marriage and abortion when they affect such a minute portion of our population, it should be a non issue. Why aren't there caps on what a candidate can spend on their campaign? Why is everyone allowed to vote? There should be a test when you vote, everyone has the opportunity to go to school for free,so reading is a non-issue. Why are there GD illegal immigrants everywhere, and being allowed to protest without having their asses sent back to their country with a bill? Why do we pay for illegals to have babies and provide them with welfare? An illegal born child should go straight to adoption, do know how many people want babies that can't have their own?! Why did california say no to solar farms in the desert to offset energy generation by coal/nuke because of some stupid *** tortoise that has no role in the food chain? (That one really irks me, one group of douche hippies vs another, and the worst of the two one!) Why do we cater to minorities when it directly undermines the purpose of democracy? Why do I have to worry about offending someone? How is the NAACP allowed to go on, when if there was a white version, or an all white college, or scholarships for only white kids, the world would be in an uproar? Why do we pay retarded athletes millions of dollars a year and not hold them to higher standards? Why is the word retarded all of a sudden taboo?

Rant off. I am moving to Alaska, not too many problems there.