Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Why does the VX sound

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    I think Luna may be talking about the "lifter" sound most of these motors make. I will agree all the Isuzu V6's I have owned you can hear the valves going up and down at low engine speeds and light acceleration. Never bothered me since I've daily driven some primitive engines (solid valvetrain small block comes to mind lol) but yes you can hear all that going on up there. Also I wouldn't consider 9:1 a "low" compression motor, it's average, and if it was an iron block iron head engine it would be kinda high, the aluminum dissipates the heat alot better so you can run higher compression on pump gas (like 10.3:1 on the 3.5 Z motor, 10.3:1 would not be happy on pump gas with an iron block/iron head engine)
    My VX got a lifter noise which is very common on these engines,sounds like an diesel.

My mech told me that the VX will run just perfect so i didn't bother to fix any thing.
    Last year i went up state NY with my brother-in-law.Back on my way to NYC i told him hey ! Hold on tight,i am gonna floor the gas pedal,let me put to the test this engine.
    On the I-78 i drove over 110 mph,told my self if this VX is that good we'll make it back home,otherwise i gonna call my warranty company and let them fix it all.

For my dissapoitment we make it back home in one piece, minutes later i called my mech and told him man,you were right,the VX will run just fine.

Many people asked me if "that" runs with an diesel engine. my replay is Yes,it does....
    Dakar was just the begining.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Seems like a V8 would be hard to shove into the VX engine bay...
    But oh so worth it!!!
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!