I made a lot of progress tonight, but not ready to run yet. Hoped I would be posting a vid of exhaust but not this time. All the bolts in the header/turbo flange/oil drain tubes area all seem to be in the way of each other. I need to cut one of the t3 flange bolts shorter so I can tighten down the oil drain line, have to take out the other 3 bolts so the housing can rotate the compressor side away from the top of this bolt to make room for a wrench.

Then there is a problem with the coolant lines that run into and out of the fire wall for the heater core behind the dash, they are rubber lines and now rest on that huge *** down pipe. I started loosening them to get them off and measure for some steel braided line for replacement and managed to pop one of the lines out of the core and now it won't stay in there, so I'm thinking about bypassing that, it would also clean up the engine bay a little with two less hoses running through it, and I won't neet to worry about the DP melting or overheating coolant as it passes through those lines. Now I just have to figure out what runs where and what I can plug and what is necessary...

It's a real pain but I'm enjoying it so far. Had to cut the hangar hook for the stock down pipe off because it was too long to pull out of the rubber it was in. I'll be needing to weld that back on in position with the new pipe if I'm ever going to run any tail pipe and muffler.

Also the factory wastegate (internal) mounted to the turbine housing and that part was used as a flange to hold the housing to the wheel, and I have to cut a part of that off to use as a flange now to hold the housing on!

lots of pain in the butt stuff... wish I had a better shop and more tools!!!

I was telling Terrah how jealous I am of a guys garage with the sexy 10.5 car on another forum and she went out and got me some lights. It's no professional job, but my redneck engineering hasn't caused any electrical fires yet and it really lights things up, now I can keep the garage door closed all the time and still be able to see and not get carried away by mosquitos! Plus I just propped the door open and now it's air conditioned!